• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle hunter app???

Mobowhunter94

Who else would love to see Saddlehunter.com make an app? I think it would be awesome to just click a app and get notifications when someone likes or responds to a thread without opening up my browser. Just a thought

I never saw the appeal to Tapatalk. The advertisements drive me crazy and I refuse to pay a fee to get rid of them. I much prefer the standard SaddleHunter web site. Always works great for me and easy to navigate.

cost money and takes time. Taptalk is the way to go. You can get all your forums in one place and you can set up notifications.
Understood so far I’m not really liking tapatalk because every time I click on the notifications it say error and gives me a link to the browser . No biggie I’ll stick to the website.

I never saw the appeal to Tapatalk. The advertisements drive me crazy and I refuse to pay a fee to get rid of them. I much prefer the standard SaddleHunter web site. Always works great for me and easy to navigate.
It throws all the forums I follow into one location, it makes uploading photos an ABSOLUTE breeze, It’s notifications options are much more refined, multi-quoting is much easier, and I like a second log-in option. Sometimes saddlehunter won’t load on my mobile device with any of the 3 browsers, but Tapatalk will let me in. Sometimes Tapatalk has the problems, and the browser works.

The biggest benefit (by far) is how Tapatalk hosts the pics for me. I don’t have to re-size anything to post it. The native camera on my phone produces a picture size to big to post directly to saddlehunter. It became a huge pain to resize everything I ever wanted to post.

Understood so far I’m not really liking tapatalk because every time I click on the notifications it say error and gives me a link to the browser . No biggie I’ll stick to the website.
Yea the last two days I have been getting the same thing. I dont know if the saddlehunter.com update messed something up but before the update taptalk worked great for me.

To each his own. I gave Tapatalk a fair shake and hated it. But that's me. I have a browser window open on my phone if I want to see if there is something new I hit refresh tada. I get email notifications directly from the site too.

That being said I'm only on 2 other forums and way less active on those. I find this one is organized so much better than the others. Again could just be me.

I'd hate paying for it, but I do the Google Opinion Rewards app/surveys where you get credits for answering location tracking info/demographics a little at a time. I figure Google already has my gmail and drive content *shrug*. I make enough doing it to pay for the apps, and then I don't care since it's not "my" money.

For iPhone I haven’t found a better forum app than tapatalk. The paid version is great. No ads. There are 5-6 forums I frequent so I had no issue paying for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tapatalk has been acting up since the forum update. I just updated tapatalk and it should be working much better now.

The benefits of Tapatalk for me are worth the very small price paid for it! I figure the 5 or 10 bucks I paid 7 or 8 years ago for the app has paid for itself with all the hours of painless browsing and priceless info from the sites I frequent on it. Chump change imho compared to the useless crap I've wasted the same sum of pennies on elsewhere in my life Lol!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This forum is the result of one person's desire and a number of moderators giving of their time. It's not funded by ads and was not designed to be funded by ads if I understand correctly.

I could see an app being developed by a company that hosted a forum and it was another income stream or promotional tool for them. That's just not what this is.

Personally I prefer it this way.

Completely agree. I only use Tapatalk to post pics from my phone.

Back