• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Hunting Bowsight

Kuenro02

This next year will be my first year hunting from a saddle. I currently have a 1 pin slider sight. Curious if others run a 1 pin or if multi pin sights are easier out of the saddle? Didn't know if ranging, sliding the sight and setting into shooting position was any harder from a saddle then a treestand.

I don't find shooting from a saddle much different than a fixed stand. Only thing I've done is shorten my draw length on my bow about 1/2"-3/4" . I've been doing this for 10+ yrs and have zero issues with a solid anchor no matter what position I've been in .
You'll still have to practice those steep angles and contorted positions to see if poi changes, but what you have should be fine.

As far as sights go; I have used a three pin slider, and currently a 5 pin fixed head. I prefer the fixed for hunting as there is no chance forgetting to set it back to close range after some long range practice. But that is just me being old and forgetfull.

I've been looking at a pendulum sight. Currently rocking a fixed, single-pin HHA Brushfire. I have 0 problems shooting from 5 to 30 yards, which is about as far as you can see in LA (lower Alabama).

I second what redfeather says about a slightly shorter draw. Makes those straight down or weak-side shots much more doable.

I've been looking at a pendulum sight. Currently rocking a fixed, single-pin HHA Brushfire. I have 0 problems shooting from 5 to 30 yards, which is about as far as you can see in LA (lower Alabama).

I second what redfeather says about a slightly shorter draw. Makes those straight down or weak-side shots much more doable.
I think a pendulum sight would be awesome if there was a good one made. No range finder would be needed

Back