• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Newb from Northern VA

Hubby11

I've been following the site for a while and posted a few times but never said hey. So hey.

I'm currently waiting on a Kestrel Flex (early September, I hope!). I have not settled on a climbing method yet so to be ready for the season I picked up some inexpensive Muddy Stagger Steps that should get me through the season while I figure this hanging thing out.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Steve

Welcome. In in VA too... Work at Quantico and live down toward Culpeper. I grabbed a few of those stagger steps just to use in the backyard. They'd work for hunting but are pretty bulky. They're solid on the tree though.

Welcome from Hanover Va. I have tried Wild Edge Stepps(with and without Knaiders and Swaiders) and now experimenting with climbing spurs. Also need to figure out if you are a ROS or platform guy. Also, I have both and trying to figure it out as well.

I've been following the site for a while and posted a few times but never said hey. So hey.

I'm currently waiting on a Kestrel Flex (early September, I hope!). I have not settled on a climbing method yet so to be ready for the season I picked up some inexpensive Muddy Stagger Steps that should get me through the season while I figure this hanging thing out.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Steve
Hey from DE!

Welcome. In in VA too... Work at Quantico and live down toward Culpeper. I grabbed a few of those stagger steps just to use in the backyard. They'd work for hunting but are pretty bulky. They're solid on the tree though.

Yeah, for $16 a section and in stock, can't really go wrong. I picked up four sections. I figure that after this season I may just keep them to use on some of the private property I hunt as a local solution. Still cant decide on a mobile solution. DDRT sounds cool.

Now here's to hoping that my Kestrel's delivery doesn't get delayed again.

Yeah, for $16 a section and in stock, can't really go wrong. I picked up four sections. I figure that after this season I may just keep them to use on some of the private property I hunt as a local solution. Still cant decide on a mobile solution. DDRT sounds cool.

Now here's to hoping that my Kestrel's delivery doesn't get delayed again.

Yeah, they'd be great for pre-set trees.

Back