• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle only this year

Golferhunter

SH Member
I’m making the switch to exclusively hunting out of a saddle this year. I did some late season hunts out of a diy saddle last season. This is by far the best way to hunt IMO. Anyone else making the change?

I’m going into year one with a few setups for the saddle and the remaining being existing stands. The plan is to learn and work the kinks out of my setup this year and be almost exclusive saddle next year.

No stands here for the first time this year. 100% saddle providing it comes in before 10/1. If that doesn’t happen will be a ground pounder bcuz I purposely did not hang any stands

I'm planning to be full time saddle hunting once my Mantis comes in - will see if I feel the same once I play around with it some....

This will be my 1st year so I will definitely use it as much as possible, but if a situation calls for a different tool I’m going to use the different tool.

I've got my Aero hunter Kite and have been practicing for about a month. This thing is so light and comfortable I'm committed to it for the season.

I've tried to go 100% saddle the last 2 seasons and have failed because it gets too darn cold! I have to bust out the Heater Body Suit and I haven't figured out how to make it work with the saddle yet!

I expect to be 100% saddle but there could be a couple of specific situations where I'll either be in a ladder stand or ground blind.

I've tried to go 100% saddle the last 2 seasons and have failed because it gets too darn cold! I have to bust out the Heater Body Suit and I haven't figured out how to make it work with the saddle yet!
I’ve sort of wondered if it was possible to use the HBS with a saddle or not. Love that for when it gets really cold

I have a hunting camp in western NY with permanent ladder stands already in place. I also own 2 lone wolf climbers and an alpha loc on. I own the Kestral and a mantis if it ever gets here. I don’t think I’ll be 100% saddle with all that other gear. However this is my first year saddle hunting but I’ve been hunting from trees almost 45yrs.
Who knows maybe the saddle will take over my preferred hunting method
Im as obsessed with filming as most of you guys are with saddle hunting so what got me into it was the greatly reduced weight of gear to carry.
I plan on using the drill the tree and grade 8 bolt method which I used 20 yrs. ago before I got into climbers. We had linesmans belts and drilled the tree and installed our homemade plywood permanent tree stands.
Who knows after this season there may be a ton of top notch equipment for sale.

Back