• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Platform

Fab'd these up yesterday for an upcoming trip to Ohio, should work in conjunction with my ladders I build to get me 360 around the tree......
These are made using 3/4" and 1/2" EMT conduit and I only need one ratchet strap to hold them in place. I will use a bungee to hold them against the tree, and to position, before adding the strap. I had a slightly smaller set I used previously that held me at closer to 290 so I am figuring these will hold up now that I am down to 265. The nuts welded on keep the strap from riding up the steps once weight is applied. They are steel but weigh next to nothing since they are so short. I like the fact I can put my heels down inside the "hoops" to push around the tree. saddle platform.jpg

Looks cool. Nice job. I’m sure everyone will want to know the weight. Next to nothing doesn’t count haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily stacked too!! I just threw on the UPS scale and they came in at 5lbs total for both but I am certain I could easily get them down to closer to 4 lbs for both if I didn't use the last minute camo tape and heavy 1/2" steel hex nuts. I could also cut the "hoops" down a bit but I have size 13 boots so the extra size is welcome on long sits...….

Back