• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Raffle for Veteran w/ Cancer

SETXsportsman6

Hi everybody, ive recently secured a donated saddle from a saddle maker. It's being donated to raffle off for a friend/co-worker of mine who has recently found out he has stage 4 cancer. He served in the Marines for 17 years and has a family that depend on him every day. He's been off of work on disability for two months and is out of fully paid time off. I'm working up several different ideas to attempt to help him and his family out in their time of need. My question to you guys is who would be willing to do a raffle or buy spots for a draw on a saddle to help raise money? I've never done anything like this so I'm trying to find potential interest/insight before I do it so that we can get it right. The saddle that will be raffled off will be a TX5 Custom Gear saddle. Matthew has agreed to build a custom saddle for the winner of the drawing.

I know to most of you guys on here I'm just a screen name on a forum, but Matthew can personally vouch I'm not a bad guy and I can bet that @Squatch would vouch as well that I'm not a bad guy. I'm not here to take anyone's money or screw anyone at all. I'm just trying to help a friend of mine that served our country, and Matthew agreed to help me with that cause. I've also reached out to another saddle company to see if they would be interested in doing something similar. Thanks everyone for reading, if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about conducting the raffle, or if you have any interest in taking part in it please drop a comment below!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'd be interested, I'm not sure how much raffle tickets would cost but I would recommend a link to your paypal so people that are priced out of the raffle tickets could still donate some money.

Great idea, definitely following this thread to see what our community can raise. Good luck! Ill be praying for him and his family

I'd be interested, I'm not sure how much raffle tickets would cost but I would recommend a link to your paypal so people that are priced out of the raffle tickets could still donate some money.

Great idea, definitely following this thread to see what our community can raise. Good luck! Ill be praying for him and his family
Thank you sir. That's a great idea. I really don't even know if a thing like this is allowed on the page, I probably should have read the rules prior to posting to check for something like this but I just wanted to do something to help.

I’ve seen raffles like this before where they limit the number of tickets to a certain number. Is that something your going to do? For example a $300 saddle (value) auctioned at $20 a ticket but limited to 150 tickets is $3000 and still 10 times over the original value of the auctioned item. You make a huge amount for the cause and folks still feel like they had a fair chance at being drawn.

I’ve seen raffles like this before where they limit the number of tickets to a certain number. Is that something your going to do? For example a $300 saddle (value) auctioned at $20 a ticket but limited to 150 tickets is $3000 and still 10 times over the original value of the auctioned item. You make a huge amount for the cause and folks still feel like they had a fair chance at being drawn.
I hadn't thought about that. That is the exact reason I wanted to inquire about it ahead of time. Yes we can definitely do something like that. Im talking with someone who is fairly connected within the saddle industry about adding some additional items to the raffle from other vendors. It's going to take a little time to line out the details, but I will keep y'all posted as I find out more and we settle on what route we want to go.

God bless America and those who serve. God bless anyone who can survive cancer and more. Count me in on tickets or whatever.

I hadn't thought about that. That is the exact reason I wanted to inquire about it ahead of time. Yes we can definitely do something like that. Im talking with someone who is fairly connected within the saddle industry about adding some additional items to the raffle from other vendors. It's going to take a little time to line out the details, but I will keep y'all posted as I find out more and we settle on what route we want to go.

In meantime you could setup a GoFundMe account so we could start to get some funds to help him and his family❤!

Thank you for helping a friend in need!

Back