• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Rotating in the Tree

Bratch

SH Member
All right guys I’ve been practicing climbing for a few weeks now in the same tree and keep having a problem with wanting to swing to my right side. I played around with moving the tether some left and right tonight but it didn’t seem to help any.

I’m using a JX3 if that matters. I took a few pics in the tree and from the ground to help. What do I need to change so the saddle doesn’t keep pulling right?

This is rotating to the right into a limb

This centered where I want to be

If the tree leans that way, that's the way you're going to go.

Don't like the tether connection either. I double a loop so it pulls tight around the tree. The way it is now allows it to move too much imo.

Try rotating the connection around the tree to left. The connection will always try to rotate you one way or another. You have to adjust so that it keeps you in the alignment you prefer.

Don't like the tether connection either. I double a loop so it pulls tight around the tree. The way it is now allows it to move too much imo.

Do you have any pics of your tether setup?

I'll post one later. I learned it on here. Maybe someone can describe it better, but basically take the loop end of the tether, double it over itself, and run the line through the cinch you just created.

With the JX3, make sure you are reaching up as high as you can to set the tether.
The JX3 works best with a long tether.

With the JX3, make sure you are reaching up as high as you can to set the tether.
The JX3 works best with a long tether.

I am setting my tether as high as I can get it (chest to tree as stretching high).

your tether is fine...ive been running mine the exact same way for four years now without problems....its hard when trees lean a certain way especially if you find out when youre at height....you could try to move your tether the opposite way of the lean but not much will solve it

I think it’s gravity and you’ll never win being on the side of it. On top or below sure, but not beside it on that tree!
your tether is fine...ive been running mine the exact same way for four years now without problems....its hard when trees lean a certain way especially if you find out when youre at height....you could try to move your tether the opposite way of the lean but not much will solve it
this^^

Back