• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle testing this morning

Tribesc

936b99c378f10de43a4b7fc405ad72c9.jpg
fb53540767c4dcff5d47e7b3ece7eefe.jpg
59fac4c98f928ebd0c29c7d436845f2a.jpg
02a295731b9a3cdfcafbfc4d15b82a48.jpg
1c31202a86a7ae2b8c944cde414a925a.jpg

That’s pretty much it! Gotta dial in a bridge length, but it’s very comfortable!!! Thanks to everyone for the advice and comments !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You beat me to it @Vtbow . That is a bad spot to have a non-locking carbiner. If that bridge twists at all you could inadvertently twist right out of that wire gate and find yourself completely unsupported.

Oh I def will, I was 1 stick off the ground just fit testing, I’d never climb without locking carabiners. The bridge is actually tied in now.

7dd153cf170b2b0470ae7c8ce99dfbac.jpg
55eef0a38c75277e3e6ec9b247dbda10.jpg

And the final bridge will have longer tails and stopper knots. I really appreciate everyone’s comments. You can’t be safe enough!

looks much better....make sure you have at leas 2" of tail on that water knot on your right side of the bridge, and the overhand on a bite on the left hip. Best practice is actually to have a barrel backup on each.....

And the final bridge will have longer tails and stopper knots. I really appreciate everyone’s comments. You can’t be safe enough!

HAHA...you beat me too it, hang on! :)

I really appreciate it! I’m here to learn, or I wouldn’t be here. I appreciate everyone’s advice tremendously!

Since you are a sewing expert, I would sew those tails down on the webbing. If I am wrong, let me know.

Since you are a sewing expert, I would sew those tails down on the webbing. If I am wrong, let me know.

I think that’s fine as the knot will not slip under a load, it moves very slowly on loading and unloading repetitively. A stitch is as good as a stopper for this I my opinion. However, next step is sew the webbing into place, no knot, as the knot is reducing the load of that webbing. That’s also a good way to test your stitch quality since you can make a tester to break with your truck or other heavy equipment to make sure it doesn’t fail at your stitch point

Looks cool. I can’t see any lineman’s loops but maybe it’s just the pictures?....

There aren’t any lineman’s loops , the bridge loops will pull double duty for that

Yes I’ve been testing some sewn loops , I dug all 4 tires of my Jeep rubicon into the ground the other day pulling and snatching on a sewn loop.

I am far from a sewing expert, I just grew up kinda helping my mom, we were poor, and she made everything

49ff8d15ae66e75305ac0bbe0d9ea64b.jpg

Back