• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle walking question

Saddle Assassin

For you guys that use these homemade saddles out of a climbing harness and a sit drag. Do any of you put it on and walk to your tree with it on. Does it want to fall off without some kind of shoulder straps.

Mine has 2" belt, light weight with large surface area. It stays put while I walk, climb.

WOW! Crazy you asked this...I am going through the same thing....I did have the loops ran through my fanny pack but after yesterdays hunt I said I could go even lighter...leave the tether attached to the bridge and wrap it around my waist. I put a seatbelt type strap (stole it from a safety harness) to run through the loops and cinched it tight. Hung a dump pouch that carries my web aider off my s lock biner thats already attached to the seat. I was going to weigh it but The Boss Hen was in the bathroom getting ready for work and I didn't want to walk in wearing my sit/drag and step on the scales....I could not stand the "what are you doing?" glare before daylight. I am pretty sure she thinks that saddlehunter is a cult I have joined.

The first rule of saddlehunter is we don't talk about saddlehunter... When she hears you repeat that in your sleep, she will KNOW it is a cult.
I referred to you guys last night as the "cool dudes" on saddle hunter to my wife while I was using my commercial thread injector. She just gave me a look and was like, cool dudes? really?? :confused:

My wife accuses me of spending more time with you guys than her sometimes... but there is always some new diy or great idea or great deal here that I have to check out or tell you guys about. By far my favorite forum and if red let's this become AT, I'm coming to his house.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hunting buddy asked me to lunch we took it to a local park because it was too dang cold in Mc D's! So after we ate I said "want to see my saddle?" He said sure..so the next thing you know I am climbing a pine in front of everyone while he kept an eye open for the cops! "Umm sir I am going to ask that you come down from the tree..." But what do you mean this park isn't saddle friendly?"

My wife accuses me of spending more time with you guys than her sometimes... but there is always some new diy or great idea or great deal here that I have to check out or tell you guys about. By far my favorite forum and if red let's this become AT, I'm coming to his house.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That will NEVER happen!

I consider you guys like family at this point!

Awesome. It was really going to be awkward asking you if I could borrow $300 to try an Evo. But since we're all family now, it will be much easier. PM inbound...
You should have hit me up before I stocked up on xop seats lol...

Awesome. It was really going to be awkward asking you if I could borrow $300 to try an Evo. But since we're all family now, it will be much easier. PM inbound...
Better make that $600..ole cuz down south needs one to try as well...

You should have hit me up before I stocked up on xop seats lol...

now thats funny, i am going to make a number of xop platform myself. 5 more to be exact. i figure i can put them as presets with a piece of paracord for SRT. No one will likely even see them much less be able to get to them to take them. I emailed xop and they gave me a 10% coupon for my bulk purchase. (5 seats, and 10 6 point brackets)

now thats funny, i am going to make a number of xop platform myself. 5 more to be exact. i figure i can put them as presets with a piece of paracord for SRT. No one will likely even see them much less be able to get to them to take them. I emailed xop and they gave me a 10% coupon for my bulk purchase. (5 seats, and 10 6 point brackets)
Nice! I bought 4, figured I should do it before they catch on to us lol. One for me, my dad, my brother and an extra. I'm still not sure platforms are for me but I didn't want to miss out!

Everytime my wife sees me on the phone she is like "what you doing, saddlehunter?" Then she goes to the dog and says see daddy loves them more. So messed up!!!

You know, I'm going to play with my trophy line. Maybe I can use the leg straps as back pack straps....somehow and come up with some material and buckles to make it a back pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then a couple of the buckles might be used to hold a rear pouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back