• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddlehunter podcasts

Be awesome if there was a way to run live feed camera at camp and hunters hunting that would be crazy awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There wouldn’t have been anything awesome about a live feed of my hunt last year. Just a waste of bandwidth. A live feed from camp could be pretty cool. I’m sure everyone will be in pigs this year and I won’t be hunting.

Greg and I will not be putting out the saddlehunter podcast going forward. Between busy work schedules and young families it has been difficult to coordinate our schedules so we have decided to end the podcast.

Greg and I will not be putting out the saddlehunter podcast going forward. Between busy work schedules and young families it has been difficult to coordinate our schedules so we have decided to end the podcast.
That makes me a little sad, but it's completely understandable. Thank you guys for doing them in the first place, they were awesome!

Enjoy them bebbies while they're small!

You both suck!!!!
Bwahahahaha
I completely understand. They were great to listen to at the gym.

Totally understand--It took me 2 weeks to twist up a string for a new bow-kept starting and not finishing because time constraints with the family-its all good, got it done eventually!

And I"m sure the growth of the site is taking up even more of your personal time already as it is....

I"ll enjoy listening to the old episodes again! :)

It sounds to me like you both need to quit your jobs so that you can keep providing us free content. :)

It makes me a little sad also but, it is understandable. As much as I enjoyed them I had trouble finding time to listen to them so I know it had to be difficult finding time to produce them. Thanks for the episodes you were able to provide.

Ok, I'm going to try to put something together while we are down there. I need to do a @redsquirrel interview about starting a saddle Hunter forum, @g2outdoors and @erniepowers about starting a saddle business. You guys down? Whiskey will be provided :)

Any other topics/people that need to be interviewed or talked about?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That makes me a little sad, but it's completely understandable. Thank you guys for doing them in the first place, they were awesome!

Enjoy them bebbies while they're small!
Sorry to see them go but @Nutterbuster's sentiment is right on. I 'm always tell all the young guys I work with to spend quality time with their kids. In hindsight, it feels like a blink of the eye and they're graduating high school, finishing college and starting families of their own.

Ok, I'm going to try to put something together while we are down there. I need to do a @redsquirrel interview about starting a saddle Hunter forum, @g2outdoors and @erniepowers about starting a saddle business. You guys down? Whiskey will be provided :)

Any other topics/people that need to be interviewed or talked about?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just walk around for three days talking with guys. You will have to get some good content there’s literally no way around it.

Bummer, it was fun to listen while we could. It's totally understandable that it fades into the sunset while other, more important things take priority.

Hate to hear it’s not going to continue, but it’s definitely understandable. Thanks for providing the content that you did give us! It was great while it lasted. There’s a lot of work that goes into a podcast, so the time and dedication to get as many episodes out as you guys did is commendable.

Also sad to hear that. I enjoyed the podcast. Especially the one with John Eberhart. Loved hearing about how he got into hunting with his crazy mentor.

I will take the opportunity though to let you know I’ve just started a podcast. Half of my guests so far have been saddle hunters. I have one episode up on all the podcast platforms (iTunes, sticher, google play, etc). Marko tells his first deer story which was awesome!!! I plan to drop 5 more this week then hopefully one every week thereafter. It’s a shorter podcast dedicated to hunting stories from the average Joe. I’ll have an occasional name you may know (Mr. Eberhart and I are hopefully setting something up soon) but it’s primarily guys and girls like you and I who aren’t on TV but love to hunt and have a good story. It’s not heavy on tactics but there’s a ton to learn from these stories. Check out Shedding Light Hunting Stories Podcast.

And if any of you have a good hunting story to share, send me an email at sheddinglightod@gmail.com.

Well that is a bummer i completely understand, still not sure how you guys do everything you already do and still get into the woods!

Just a thought but maybe someone else could pick up the torch, just not me.... obviously lol i dont know the first thing about podcasts. Seems like we have a growing community someone might want to help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back