• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Safety line converted to tether and lineman’s belt?

Mselby44

I’m just getting started with saddle hunting and will be amassing my set up over the summer prior to this fall. Looking for some recommendations on DIY tether and lineman’s belt.

My question is would it be unreasonable to take an extra Millennium Safelink 35’ safety rope I have and cut it down as a tether with the current Prusik on it and use some of the remaining rope to fashion a lineman’s belt with a Ropeman and some carabiners?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will work but there are better options.... that is pretty thick rope

I buy the muddy lifeline and cut it into linesman and tether...comes from the factory with 2 prusik and it 8-9mm...much easier to store than the thick millennium rope

I’m just getting started with saddle hunting and will be amassing my set up over the summer prior to this fall. Looking for some recommendations on DIY tether and lineman’s belt.

My question is would it be unreasonable to take an extra Millennium Safelink 35’ safety rope I have and cut it down as a tether with the current Prusik on it and use some of the remaining rope to fashion a lineman’s belt with a Ropeman and some carabiners?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be perfectly acceptable. I have never bought a factory made tether or linemans rope

I did the same with a lifeline I got with a Millenium M100U hang on. It is a little bulky but it did the job and saved me some cash. I ended swapping out the prusik with a ropeman 1 for both the tether and linesman belt.

Back