• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Safety

Mengle

Am I correct in telling this fella this might not a be good idea? Just trying to help folks out, but he is “knows his limit” and “has plenty of amsteel to replace it”

16dc0634850e5a5ed4e5254f206460a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought. I saw it and cringed. I put in a polite attempt to help out but was shut down. Not going to start an arguement

Its always the stupid accidents that make everyone else look bad. I see saddle hunting as a grass roots way of hunting. What attracts me to it is learning from others and people pointing out that I might be headed in the wrong direction.

I just got reminded why I never comment on anything on social media. I saw it and cringed thinking someone new would see it and think it’s common practice. I understand he is comfortable with it. Although I don’t agree with it, that is his choice. Natural selection may or may not take its course. I tried.

Help a noob out. What am I looking at? I see the crazy knot on the ropeman. Dont see any tail coming out of the ropeman. Just trying to learn.

I got corrected on an idea I had, which i appreciated and still trying to research all the correct alternative methods. I understand I'll need a couple years or more thorough research on anything before its put into practice. Perfectly fine with my stock kestrel until I feel more confident to jump out of the nest. Obviously with forum approval. But just trying to use criticism/correction above as another learning point but dont know exactly what's going wrong.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I just got reminded why I never comment on anything on social media. I saw it and cringed thinking someone new would see it and think it’s common practice. I understand he is comfortable with it. Although I don’t agree with it, that is his choice. Natural selection may or may not take its course. I tried.
Scary, stay frosty folks

Help a noob out. What am I looking at? I see the crazy knot on the ropeman. Dont see any tail coming out of the ropeman. Just trying to learn.

I got corrected on an idea I had, which i appreciated and still trying to research all the correct alternative methods. I understand I'll need a couple years or more thorough research on anything before its put into practice. Perfectly fine with my stock kestrel until I feel more confident to jump out of the nest. Obviously with forum approval. But just trying to use criticism/correction above as another learning point but dont know exactly what's going wrong.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
He's using a ropeman on amsteel.

And putting a knot in amsteel thinking that will save him. Can’t knot amsteel.

Any other things, guys?

#papasquirrelsyearofsafety

Good catch.

That knot will never get used though. A ropeman doesn't slip like a friction hitch. Yes, it's technically a blunder, but using a hollow core, small diameter rope like that will probably bite him before the knot.

Looks like he should have just tied the carabiner on the Amsteel
Isn’t that the tag end tied up there?

Am I correct in telling this fella this might not a be good idea? Just trying to help folks out, but he is “knows his limit” and “has plenty of amsteel to replace it”

Good grief God forbid I sure hope that he has a very good insurance! As my grand old pappi used say you can lead a thirty horse to water but can't make him drink it

Back