• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Salty anti-saddle hunter

catman529

Got a real character in the comments on my latest video showing my setup. Not only did he leave his one big comment, but also replied to a few other comments as well. I’m not sure where or when the saddle hurt him, but he’s sure got them panties in a wad.

32977e24df9c1b1070d63a71542d59af.png

d419b9d86bd5f9652fc28b678a236685.png

I don’t want to get into it with this guy, but wouldn’t mind if some of y’all fellow saddle hunters put him in his place before he takes over the comment section. If you do reply to his comments, keep it respectful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got some stuff for sell Iffin i can get stupid money for it! lol
heck I'll let my sitdrags go for the low, low price of $250 never been out of the bag!!!!!!!
My kestrel gonna cost ya though! lets start at $700 and see where it goes form there!
is my ropeman considered a pulley? that little dude has to be worth some bank all shiny and all plus!!!!!!!! mine don't squeak whats that worth to ya!

keyboard Bad arse! non typical what spike? how does he set up where its not very possible that they never come to the wrong side? bait much?

I love jealous people!

Lots of trolls out there. If you post a video, someone will feel the need to puff their chest in disagreement. Ignore and move on.

I am of the thought that it is better to just let people like that think they are right and keep it moving! Spend your energy elsewhere...He prob didn't get much attention as a child. The fact he was saying pulley's though :tearsofjoy:

Some people can’t deal with change even if it’s benefits to them.
Really it’s his loss if he is that close minded and can’t see the benefits of much lighter and better made equipment.
As most of you can already see saddle hunting is the way people will hunt from trees in the future. More people hunt public land than ever before due to cost or availability of private land. Most of those will want a light weight saddle system for that.
Most local guys I show this type of hunting to at first are very skeptical that is until I hand it to them and they try it out for themselves.
I wouldn’t worry about what one guy has to say. He will be left behind like the guy back in the day who believed portable stands are no good and you should only hunt from tree stands that are 2x4 nailed to trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why anyone gets so worked up about how someone else hunts. He probably also bashes other hunters deer.

I’m not gonna delete any comments unless they get out of hand. I just thought y’all would get a kick out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just don't anybody lure him/her over here to SH we got no room for that kind of ignorance...saw the video last night @catman529 great video been a subscriber for some time now....love the way you get it done both hunting and fishing....keep em coming and Thanks!

Last edited:
Usually when a dude gets aggressive out of the blue like that it's because he's compensating for some deeper insecurity. Either that or he's a royal troll. Instead of engaging him directly and validating his backwards logic the best way to address it is to either:
  • ignore him outright or...
  • say "yeah.. you're right :)" and disarm him entirely
EDIT: side note - I enjoy your content @catman529 keep up the good work!

Funny how envious people are about those of us that hunt at a higher level of talent and skill. I am sure most of our veteran saddle guys can trump his kills 2 to 1. There are haters everywhere, the elite hunter groups are the usual targets I have seen. We as saddle hunters know the deal and this "good ole boy" apparently does not. Saddle Up!!!

Ignoring someone is the ticket. I would be willing to bet he is checking his notifications every 5 minutes hoping he can continue his rambling, but in an arguement. He clearly doesn’t have much to do.

Make sure they are nice and shiney pulleys and don't forget to spray them down with alot of wd 40. Don't want them to squeak.

Back