• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sangym tree climbers

Empostarr

Anyone ever used something like this? Depending on how they operate, it could be a easy climbing tool and be able to get around branches.

Maybe

Yep there’s a few threads on similar ones. Search eonpow climbers.

Yep there’s a few threads on similar ones. Search eonpow climbers.

Thanks!

Anyone ever used something like this? Depending on how they operate, it could be a easy climbing tool and be able to get around branches.

Maybe

Any idea what a pair weighs? They are steel, so perhaps pretty heavy (?).

Any idea what a pair weighs? They are steel, so perhaps pretty heavy (?).
From the other thread, the video that was created said they weighed 6 lbs total. Thats pretty comparable to or lighter than a set of climbing sticks, and in the video he was able to climb pretty fast. They also looked like they come apart pretty easily and could pack down smaller if needed for the walk in and out. Besides rappelling, I'd say these look to be possibly the second safest way out of a tree. Besides not getting into a tree in the first place.

From the other thread, the video that was created said they weighed 6 lbs total. Thats pretty comparable to or lighter than a set of climbing sticks, and in the video he was able to climb pretty fast. They also looked like they come apart pretty easily and could pack down smaller if needed for the walk in and out. Besides rappelling, I'd say these look to be possibly the second safest way out of a tree. Besides not getting into a tree in the first place.

You could possibly ditch one of them and use your tether like the top of a climber and one of these like the bottom and inch your way up with one leg (?).

You should check out sport climbers if ur looking for a Lil cheaper version of spikes they self refurbished sets for like $50

I had a pair of these I acquired years before I got into saddle hunting. . . They sat in my basement for over a decade before I gave them away (and I paid the shipping :tearsofjoy:) if that tells you anything. They are absolutely the most uncomfortable, sketchiest climbing method I've used. If you're looking at spikes, do yourself a favor and forget these. Get some real, purpose built spikes. I now have a pair of lower end Climbrites and difference is night and day.

I have a set that someone gave me there not the most comfortable set of spurs I've got but they are very compact n do work to get you up the tree.

I actually have a set of enpows. I made a screw in stop for easier adjustment of tree size. You need to work a better foot strap in as well. I need something to wrap around the heel to hold your foot in. They are unwieldy at first. Takes some practice. I only used them to hunt once and decided they were not for me, although the use one and tether r method posted above sounds promising. My issue with them is what to do withthem at height. No real way to store them. I save them as I like to use them for tree work in the yard.

Back