• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SAVANNA AERO QUICKSTRIKE COVERALL Review

jgleas114

SH Member
I'm thinking about picking up one of these for the early season. The thought is to make the majority of the trek in the creek bottom in t-shirt and shorts, wipe down and then get dressed in then slip into my saddle presets. Im in Louisiana. Its hot, very hot and humid. Just trying to stay as cool as possible as long as possible. Its a losing battle I know.

I've thought about this as an option also. I used the Aero jacket, pants and the lightweight head cover last season, and it worked out great. I just ended up deabsorbing them as soon as I got in every evening. I changed clothes at the truck before going in, wearing the pants and a dark green or brown T shirt, and carried the jacket. I changed out of the clothes at the truck before driving home. Everything lived in a tote in bags if I wasn't wearing them. Clean rubber boots are important too. I don't always use scent control, and hunt the wind sometimes also, (mostly when trad hunting) but using it allows me to hunt spots that would be impossible to hunt with the constant swirling wind.

I have and use the Savanna Aero Coverall in the early season and it works out very well. I keep it in an airtight bag and when I either hike in or get out of the UTV, I will wipe down with field wipes and put the coveralls on. Take them off and back into the bag before heading home. Not a huge fan of the plastic buckle on the waist band, but other than that, it is a good system (for me). I use a different "mid-season" jacket/pant combo when it gets colder.

I have an old coverall that is kinda like the same thing. It's nice because you can wear shorts and t-shirt then just put it on when you get out to the field. The problem I'm having is the places I hunt are so vegetation heavy that I need some heavy duty pants or I'll be cut up all day due to brush.

I have the older version. I believe they are heavier than the aero version. I don't worry about the scent control aspect as much as the ability to keep mosquitos from biting. I wear them as pants and tie the top around my waist for the walk in. The suit, a pair of sunglasses and boots and gloves essentially keep mosquitos from getting to you. I spray them before each season with permethrin and usually just wear underwear and a t shirt underneath.

I'm thinking about picking up one of these for the early season. The thought is to make the majority of the trek in the creek bottom in t-shirt and shorts, wipe down and then get dressed in then slip into my saddle presets. Im in Louisiana. Its hot, very hot and humid. Just trying to stay as cool as possible as long as possible. Its a losing battle I know.

I'm a ScentLok slut and own multiple different suits for various weather conditions. However, also living/hunting in Louisiana - I am in my Savannah Aero pants/jacket 90% of the time. I walk in wearing the pants and packing the jacket. I usually climb up the tree and sit for 30 minutes or so to cool off (as much as possible) before putting the jacket and mask on. This is why I've never bought the coverall, although I suppose you could tie the top around your waist? The Savannah Pant/Jacket combo is identical to the coverall in weight. They're great quality, but it's hot gear to wear early season regardless of the claim of being "lightweight". YMMV

What do you guys use/recommend for the actual “wipes” in the wipe down phase?

What do you guys use/recommend for the actual “wipes” in the wipe down phase?

I have purchased and used the Scentlok ones, but normally use the Hunter's Specialties Scent Away Max Odorless ones. I like the smell of the "fresh earth" sprays and wipes, but I don't think it is a very natural smell, so I stick to the odorless boot/clothes spray and wipes.

I have the coverall. If I’m going to be in vegetation I wear them with my rubber boots. I wear a t shirt and shorts under mine. Walking across a field or boating into public I’ll wear the t shirt and shorts until I’m going to be touching Vegetation. As far as wipes I just use sensitive skin pampers baby wipes. They don’t contain any perfumes or scents

I have the coverall. If I’m going to be in vegetation I wear them with my rubber boots. I wear a t shirt and shorts under mine. Walking across a field or boating into public I’ll wear the t shirt and shorts until I’m going to be touching Vegetation. As far as wipes I just use sensitive skin pampers baby wipes. They don’t contain any perfumes or scents
I was recently turned on to buying hypoallergenic (perfume/dye free) soap, wipes, and detergent!! These are HALF the price of the ones in the hunting section!! Would definitely recommend!!!

Back