• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scent Control...at a discount

Prill87

So I have decided to take the next step in my scent control and upgraded my Rubbermaid tote to a scent proof container. I started by looking at the scentlok tote, but it looked like its just a container with a gasket and some activated carbon to absorb odors.
I found a 4 pack of 54 quart gasket-sealed containers (2 for wife 2 for me) on Amazon and threw in some activated carbon for under $100. It would have cost me more than that for just two of the scentlok containers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KL7VPWO#Ask
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017ITAFY ... xecutioner

Has anyone else taken this approach or a similar one? Should I have just but the bullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own one of those sterlite bins - i think i bought it at Meijer for about $10. They're nice and the foam gasket is pretty thick, but it's not heavy duty like my IRIS bins. Still I expect it to last a good long time so long as I don't abuse it.

The activated charcoal bags are intriguing. I'll have to do some homework on those...

I can't see why you'd need anything else. I'm going to pick up some of the bins to increase my storage capacity. I use the ScentLok web adsorber pads, but I'm sure the charcoal bags you posted would do the same thing.

One thing I forgot to mention about the sterilite containers is they have a STRONG plastic-y odor when you buy them new. I aired the one I bought out in the garage for a week, then sprayed it down with scent spray a couple of times and let it sit for a while, then wiped it down with paper towels. That seemed to work pretty well, but figured i'd give you a heads up.

Well then I bought it at the right time. Late Season Archery opens Dec 26 and I should have it next week. It'll give me a week or two to air and spray it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back