• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scent Free Bow Wrist Sling

d_rek

I have long considered nylon cord bow wrist sling to be a considerable gap in my scent regimen. I practice with it installed during the off season, sweat all over it, touch it with bare skin virtually every time i pickup and put away my bow. I have removed it and washed it with scent-free detergent before, but the cycle of me touching it would repeat itself.

So my scent control was pretty minimal in regards to my sling: just wipe it down with scent free wipes before I go afield and occasionally spray it down. Still, I considered this about the least amount of scent control I could practice with this item that could potentially become uber-saturated with human scent.

Thus i was pleasantly suprised when I found this molded rubber strap from Game Plan Gear called The GRIP at a local Field & Stream store.
http://www.amazon.com/Gameplan-Gear...1371&sr=1-1&keywords=the+grip+bow+wrist+sling

41W0IkHtjfL.jpg

The price wasn't bad off the shelf but I decided to check online and found it a couple of bucks cheaper on Amazon, so I ordered one.

The design is pretty straight forward, and it performs exactly the same as my previous AAE stiffy sling does. I have only shot with it on once but it was not any more/less comfortable than previous cord sling. Right now my season is more or less wrapped up, but may chance a late season bow sit here in Michigan so i'll get the chance to take it afield. Otherwise I look forward to shooting with it in the off season and evaluating it a little more thoroughly then.

Regards,
d_rek

Nice find. It looks like its worth a shot. My only concern would be my glove catching on the rubber making it harder to slide my hand in. Let me know how it works out!

redsquirrel said:
Nice find. It looks like its worth a shot. My only concern would be my glove catching on the rubber making it harder to slide my hand in. Let me know how it works out!

I was worried about that too but the silicone is fairly smooth and "slippery" feeling. I didn't have any issues with it the other day. Against bare skin it did had a tendency to grab arm hairs though.

-Sent from d_mobile

Back