• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Schaefer cam cleat

Dsabhunt

Bought and mounted a shaefer cam cleat on a cut down hawk helium. When I move the stick you can hear the bearings rolling around in the cleat. Is this normal or do I need to tighten the bolts more?
Figured I'd ask before I tighten the bolts too much as I don't want to break the cleat

Does not seem right to me. You bought it new?
I use mostly harken, but will check my shaefer ones and see if I can hear what you're describing.

Took it out of the package. Put it on and noticed I can hear them rattling around. I didn't tighten the bolts very much. Some cam cleats say to tighten to where it binds and then back off a little but all it said on the package was don't over tighten.

Back