• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SCORE! well not a deer, but a score none-the-less

hickstick

Trades a buddy of mine who no longer hunts a few pounds of venison for these. Original Stepp-Ladder steps purchased from Jim himself!

Can't wait to take them for a test run.
cf37f363f5d60d5e5cbfe498f6ba42ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trades a buddy of mine who no longer hunts a few pounds of venison for these. Original Stepp-Ladder steps purchased from Jim himself!

Can't wait to take them for a test run.
cf37f363f5d60d5e5cbfe498f6ba42ea.jpg

Until I can rig up a serviceable aider to work with them, my current plan is to continue using my leverage sticks to climb and then set 3 stepps for a platform (and maybe a 4th to use with a bow hanger similar to Wild Edges.

With time I hope to switch to stepps/aider to climb & stepp platform.

Great find. In the time where Jim wasn't selling them but before wildedge, I found 24 on Craigslist for $50

I'm positive that guy didn't know what he had

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I bought mine in 2012 for $6 for the step and $1.50 for the rope directly from Jim. Couldn't get the bag but found a random company on the web making and selling them without logos. Now they are $16.95 per step and rope. I guess I got lucky too. Crazy how prices chance. I think back then he was just selling off what he had left.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So I did a little trial run on an oak in the back yard.. first few times a little loose in the loop....but a couple adjustments and got them cammed on tight. So much so was able to do a pull up on my top step and drop down in the next step down with some force and the step didn't budge.

Noticed gathering all the ropes out if the bag that they are pretty kinked where loop is made, like they were left in a tree for quite some time. And since I know these steps are 10+ years old, I decided to spend the 20 bucks on some replacement ropes.

I can't wait to give these a go for a platform.

Back