• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scout Platform for 1" Sticks

cspot

I see OOAL is making a platform for the 1" sticks. Has anyone tried one yet?

Interesting concept. I would be a bit concerned with it wanting to kick out when side pressure is applied (ie shooting backside of tree). Don't think I would ever be able to get it tight enough to the tree not to kick out on me.

I like the separate platform to get another 2 feet up the tree. If I ever get my aider game straightened out and just get higher with my sticks this could be the ticket. Especially early season when I am swinging lower in the canopy.

I am seriously considering this for early season hunts. Rut hunts I would still likely use my predator platform.

1” sticks? How many yo get to 12-15 feet. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back