• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SE Michigan - New Saddle Hunter checking in

justbairley

Hey guys,

I've been scouring over saddle information over the past 3 weeks. There is so much great information here and on youtube! I made up my mind to get myself a saddle setup very quickly and after that it was just a matter of which system I was going to get. I ended up picking the Thethrd system and place my order yesterday. I'm hoping my saddle gets here before Oct 1. Preferably with enough time to get some practice in it before then.

In addition to being a new saddle hunter, this will be just my 3rd season as a hunter. Coming from a background without anyone in my life growing up who hunted, it was always something I was deeply interested in - but ended up putting off every year due to the perceived difficulty of doing it myself. Shot my first doe that first season, in my first sit with some help from a friend of a friend which made me think this whole thing was going to be a lot easier than I first thought! Last season included some hasty pre-scouting on public land followed by a fun but very lacking in action season. I ended up seeing just one doe over almost 20 sits. This year I've been doing a lot of scouting, learning and getting ready! I also purchased a compound and have been practicing almost every day with that.

Looking forward to everything to come!

Welcome from SE Michigan here as well! This is a great forum with lots of information.

Welcome! Whereabouts in SE MI? I'm near Pt. Huron. If you ever want to sync up - for saddle info or public land hunting - let me know. Happy to meet new people and make new hunting friends!!

Welcome! Whereabouts in SE MI? I'm near Pt. Huron. If you ever want to sync up - for saddle info or public land hunting - let me know. Happy to meet new people and make new hunting friends!!

I'm down in Grosse Pointe, but I hunt out in Lapeer. I get out to PH to fish the wall fairly regular though.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'm down in Grosse Pointe, but I hunt out in Lapeer. I get out to PH to fish the wall fairly regular though.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Nice! I’m up and down the river for spring walleye. Haven’t shore fished up there in a few years. It pays to have friends with a boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From the brief rundown, I think you’re going to really enjoy the knowledge gained on here. Not just exclusively saddle but hunting tactics, scouting & safety in general! Great bunch of guys ( & gals) here, welcome to the site!

Back