• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sealing the ends of Bandit

How do you seal the ends of Bandit rope?
You need a hot flame, electrical tape and something to tamp or shape the end. Tape the end and cut through it. Burn the end a little bit to keep the rope from fraying out when you take the tape off. A propane flame burns hot enough. Roll the end to the flame to get it melted. Be careful as the rope end can become liquid and burn you. With a flat metal edge roll the rope end on a table or other metal surface. Now tamp the end flat. You may have to repeat to get a complete seal.

How do you seal the ends of Bandit rope?
I use my electric stove on high. Works great just don't do it while your wife is around or wait until she's dying her hair and can't smell anything anyway. Just leave it taped from the cutting and when the stove gets to glowing gently touch the tip of the rope to the burner. Looks like a factory cut.

Thank you for the reply. I thought that you had to use some kind of glue rather than heating the ends.

Thank you for the reply. I thought that you had to use some kind of glue rather than heating the ends.
No with bandit you can just heat it. The rope that we've been gluing is the samson ultra tech.

Back