• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Seat cushion

Rg176bnc

Anybody incorporated a seat cushion into their saddle or aero? I hurt my low back this summer and am still feeling the effects. Not going hunting isn't an option so Im up for some suggestions.

I haven't tried any, but what did you do to your back? I have chronic lower back problems (herniated disk, sciatica) and have a tough time sitting for longer than 15 minutes at a time. Hunting in a saddle is way more comfortable than a tree stand for me and I can hang all day with no back problems.

Ive had the sciatic nerve pain for a month now. Its a ton better than it was. Combine that with multiple levels of arthritis throughout my back. I believe I have a pinched nerve, doc says arthritis. I go to a Chiropractor pretty regular and believe he has helped more than anything. Insurance wont do an MRI until I do a cortisone shot and go from there. Not a big fan of a needle in my back.

Just looking to take some of the pressure off my hips and low back. It may not even be an issue by then but I like having solutions to problems before the problem arrives.

Ive got a cushion Im going to try but getting it in there while in the stand my be challenging. Im thinking I'll be ready to do a trial run in a couple of weeks. Ive been getting better and Im not going to do much to jeopardize my progress just yet.

Good luck and hope you feel better. I started going to a chiropractor this spring and it is really helping me out. My chiropractor isn't normal though. He specializes in this technique called ART which focuses on pressing on the muscles while they are stretched. Between that and the exercises he has me doing specifically for my back it is really helping me. Thank god I hunt out of a saddle already because I don't think I could sit still in a tree stand anymore. The position that I hang in doesn't hurt my back at all. Anyways I hope you feel better :D

Its funny you mention that a reg stand was uncomfy. I hunted one afternoon out of one last year and hated it lol.
Missed my saddle the whole time.

Yea sitting in any sort of chair is uncomfortable for me anymore. And a regular tree stand seat isn't the most comfortable seat to begin with. I'll take my saddle any day!

Back