• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Secondary lineman's belt

What are you guys using as a secondary lineman's belt? My main usage LB is a simple length of climbing rope set up with a Ropeman 2 on the adjustable side.

I would like to keep it as light as possible. Is small(er) diameter Amsteel Blue a viable option for making it around branches while climbing?
What is your LB setup?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

I have some 1/4 “ amsteel blue on order. Going to make that and redo my bridge on my kestrel.

still brand new to climbing and saddle hunting here, does anybody make an amsteel rope set up that has the carabiners spliced on already?

I do like Imthere. You have to have your tether easily accessible when you get to the top of your climb. Your tether will work as a linesman belt if you are using a rope tether. You will never need two linesmans belts and a tether at the same time so why carry anything else to get tangled even if it weighs only ounces. I’m going to use my linesmans belt as a pack hanger this year. Last year I used 500 cord to hang my pack but that will get the linesmans belt out of the way and off my saddle without having to add another pouch to keep it in. Try to make everything that goes in your pack have as many uses as possible.

thanks guys, so the tether has worked good? By tether you mean tree strap right? Since it is adjustable? It has a carabiner on one side but a loop on the other. Do you carry an extra carabiner for that? Not sure if a dumb question

I do like Imthere. You have to have your tether easily accessible when you get to the top of your climb. Your tether will work as a linesman belt if you are using a rope tether. You will never need two linesmans belts and a tether at the same time so why carry anything else to get tangled even if it weighs only ounces. I’m going to use my linesmans belt as a pack hanger this year. Last year I used 500 cord to hang my pack but that will get the linesmans belt out of the way and off my saddle without having to add another pouch to keep it in. Try to make everything that goes in your pack have as many uses as possible.

@EricS and @ImThere make great sense here. Thanks guys!

But a piece of 1/4" amsteel if a must for the bridge. If for no other reason than to freak out your buddies! :eek: "You hang from that???" :eek:

That is actually a very handy idea. I like the way you think, friend

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Back