• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Seeker Platform

LOSTnWoods

Fellow Hunters who have a Cruser Seeker or using something else and not the strap that comes with platform.

I am new to the game. Have over a dozen practice sessions.

the struggle I have is getting the platform to correctly seat tight. It’s takes 3/4 times before it works. I even have tried toeing it first then cam. I’m starting to think it’s two things:

1: it’s me and have to keep practicing
or
2: the strap that comes with it is crap and swap out for something different
- I have my eyes on hangfree 3/16 Full Bury (H.F.A.S.)

im ok with the amstel since I have the skeletor sticks and use Amstel to lock in the steps and never had an issue.

thanks for your feedback.

I feel there’s definitely a difference in cam strap quality. The best ones I’ve always found were the old lone wolf style straps. Have never had a problem with those. But have had similar issues with some other straps. Some of them the strap material seems to slip right through the jaws no matter what you do.

Are you camming over the platform after you pull the strap tight? I’ve used several different platforms over the years, with cam buckles and have been able to achieve a solid set

I think you’ll find that you’ll spend more time fooling and fiddling with aftermarket Amsteel straps

Semper Fi,
Mike

Any new strap material is going to stretch some.

I can’t speak to your specific platform(s), but with the platform I use, if I strap it to the tree as tight as possible and then climb on, it’s almost always loose. I tighten the strap as much as possible and then apply downward pressure to the platform to draw out the slack, then when I cam it down the added pressure causes the platform to bite into the tree.

Others who’ve used your identical system may have more specific advice. But I’d say before buying new straps, verify that your technique is sound.

Thanks guys I tighten it first as much as possible them cam it over. I’ll see what others say

I have a seeker, too. Love the platform, but I tossed the strap. As above, I use the old lone wolf straps. They work great

I'm using this with my Trophyline EDP, Tethrd Predator and my OOAL Solo Scout and it is simple, quick, quiet and solid. I haven't tried it with the seeker but I don't know why it would be any different from the platforms I'm using it on.

I am pretty new to saddle hunting too and I agree those cam buckles are bulky but they worked for me. I bought 1/8" trucker's hitch daisy chain amsteel and use the rope mod technique to secure my Mission platform. I find it works great and is rock solid when set. My only issue with it is actually getting it set up at height. Being new I sometimes fumble a bit before getting it set but once it is, the amsteel is rock solid. I'm 205 lbs and I've intentionally tried to move it and it won't.

I have the seeker and love it but had the same issue with original strap. I went with the PSH (platform stick hanger from VGO). Lighter , quieter and it’s rock solid.

I have a predator, but it works on the same principle. The straps have some give. I went to an amsteel daisy chain and the lack of stretch keeps it tight, in fact you can over tighten it. The teeth up top never leave the tree.

I have the seeker with the original strap. I cam it over then toe hook it back up, stand on the top of the post and even bounce a tad then cam it over again and is always rock solid.

It’s also worth adding that what it takes to achieve a snug attachment is very dependent on the type of tree and bark you are dealing with. Some trees require more effort to get the slack out of your attachment method.

Back