• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Self-Filming Beginner

csp13

Hey all! I decided I would start self filming this year. I know a lot of SaddleHunters on here have a lot of experience self filming and was wondering what advice they would give to a newbie like myself? Does anyone had any advice regarding camera arms and the camera heads? I already have a camera, but was wondering if anyone recommends a specific brand of camera arm? Obviously you get what you pay for in regards to the quality, but I am wondering if I should buy a cheap camera arm to get my feet wet? Would a camera arm like the Muddy Basic be worth it? Or is it junk and I need to spend a little more to get a quality product? Thanks!

Hey all! I decided I would start self filming this year. I know a lot of SaddleHunters on here have a lot of experience self filming and was wondering what advice they would give to a newbie like myself? Does anyone had any advice regarding camera arms and the camera heads? I already have a camera, but was wondering if anyone recommends a specific brand of camera arm? Obviously you get what you pay for in regards to the quality, but I am wondering if I should buy a cheap camera arm to get my feet wet? Would a camera arm like the Muddy Basic be worth it? Or is it junk and I need to spend a little more to get a quality product? Thanks!

How heavy/type of a camera will you be using?

I got my hands on a Canon Vixia HF G10. Its pretty light, roughly one pound.
It might be good to go with the muddy arm till you figure out exactly what you want. I think the fourth arrow ones are way too big for saddle hunters, and quite expensive to figure that out. I built my own camera arm and the base is next. All in all, try to find one with really short arms.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I think mine is a 13 inch arm on top of 15 inch arm and it still needs to be shorter. I quit carrying my stuff this weekend until it cools off some. I’m so hot and sweaty when I get up a tree I don’t feel like attaching a camera arm and getting it setup.

I don't even have my camera yet but picked up a cheap adjustable arm off Amazon. I think someone else mentioned this style as well. It has a 12" adjustable arm and the second arm is 9". http://a.co/d/aYnPfmH
Can always upgrade, but I think starting out cheap until I figure out what I want to do is worth it.

Back