• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Self filming

MIPublic

SH Member
Oct 5, 2020
SW MI
I'd love to do it as well, if for nothing else but to have a video of the shot would be great. Like everything it seems to be a fairly expensive endeavor and is that much more gear to carry.

Ckwilli

SH Member
Oct 15, 2019
I tried for a while but I was really bad at it. I used a JVC HD camcorder but it used .mod files and I can’t seem to convert them. I switched to a Nikon dslr and have some better but mostly I just use my iPhone. I’ve had a couple of camera arms and I’d advise one with three sections as apposed to two. Weight has been the issue I’ve had to work through with camera gear so I’m still working on what I need and what I don’t.

poorcharlie

Dec 29, 2020
South Alabama
I'd love to do it as well, if for nothing else but to have a video of the shot would be great. Like everything it seems to be a fairly expensive endeavor and is that much more gear to carry.

Exactly what I was thinking for the shot. Not 100% sure I want to carry the extra weight either.

MIPublic

SH Member
Oct 5, 2020
SW MI
Exactly what I was thinking for the shot. Not 100% sure I want to carry the extra weight either.

I've seen folks that get a lightweight mount and use a GoPro on their stabilizer. That to me seems about the extent of what I'd want to carry in :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:. You wouldn't have all the footage leading up to it, but you'd have the shot placement at least.

Something to think about for sure.

arrow30

Feb 11, 2019
a small video camera, and a way to mount it is all you need.
SYMv46t.jpg

zZT7czc.jpg

HwaqfdY.jpg

Qn0aybl.jpg

Jeremy_D

Mar 7, 2020
Wisconsin
I bought everything and realized I hate carrying it and setting it up every time I go out to get that one shot of the year. Now its all for sale. PM me if interested