• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

September Michigan Salmon fishing

Hardly_Hangin

Dearest Michigan comrades - September 19th, after a 12 hour drive from the peach state, ill be a pilgrim in your unfamiliar land, on a quest for my first salmon on my first out of state trip.

Im pumped! Its been hard to get my mind off of deer hunting but we're leaving in 6 days so im starting to get antsy. Been seeing some nice pictures. We have a guided trip set up for that Monday, but will be on our own the remaining days.

We are going to the manistee river area. If anyone has tips, tricks, rabbits feet or horse shoes they'd be willing to loan out, i'll take all the help i can get.

There are fresh fish in the Pere Marquette and Big Manistee so your timing should be good. If you have a boat you will do well on the Big Mano. If you are wading the Mainstee is a monster so be careful. Still plenty of places to fish but you will have company. Maybe consider a trip to the PM or little Manistee as those are more wader friendly and have good king runs. Wherever you go make sure your gear is up to snuff. The fish are huge this year and hooking a 20+ lb fish are good. If you are experienced king fishing then good luck. If you are a newbie message me and I can give you a basic gear and tactic rundown.

Yea we are starting to see some big ones once again which is nice. I caught a 26 lber this summer and a buddy caught a 28lber. Good luck and stay safe.

Back