• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Seriously.......

fawnzy

So, I leave tomorrow for the big hunt up north. I’m on my way to the garage to get an oil change and not 500 feet from the garage it starts to run rough and the check engine light comes in with a “Reduced Engine Power” message.

Argh, now I’m waiting to hear the cost......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throttle position sensor?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Don’t know yet.

If it’s down for the count I’ll have to reduce gear for a 9 day hunt into a Ford Fiesta.

Don’t know yet.

If it’s down for the count I’ll have to reduce gear for a 9 day hunt into a Ford Fiesta.

Chevy's and GMC's will throw a reduce engine power for a bad TPS. It's usually a quick fix if they have the part on hand. Not sure about the other truck brands.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Murphy’s Law “ What can go wrong will go wrong!” Haha, that’s a little over the top pessimistic. On the bright side it didn’t happen half way to your hunting destination. Hope it’s minor and you leave on time. Good luck and be safe.

So, the code didn’t check out. They finished the oil change and the dip stick tube was broken right off.
They think the tube may have touched a spark plug and caused a short.
It runs and I can drive it as long as I don’t take it through deep water.
I hopefully fix it upon return and not during my hunt.

Back