• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Set up time

tkohuntsMI

So I did my first full blown trial run walking into the woods with my gear as though it was opening day. Took me 40 minutes to go from finding a tree, getting up the tree and onto my podium, get set up in the tree, take 4 shots, and then pack back up, climb down and get everything secured back onto my pack. Didn’t seem to awful bad for my first try but how long does it take everyone else? I’m hoping to trim some time. Also this was a tree with a bunch of limbs I had to work around which definitely slowed me down.

If that's up, shooting and back down and your first time that's not bad. Especially considering you are working around limbs. I'm never in a rush going up or down. When I do my time estimates I used to use 10 minutes for set up but now I use 15, (last year I missed 2 good opportunities because I was behind schedule I added 5 minutes to almost every step of the process). You will find efficiencies over time with how pack stuff etc...

Yeah that’s pretty darn good for your first attempt at the whole process. I guess I’ve never timed goin down or packing up but from arriving at the foot of the tree to having everything set at height is 15 minutes give or take a couple depending on the tree. It’s as short as 5 minutes on a preset tree.

Back