• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Setup

67elmustang

SH Member
79e716784aad7fe8883ee046760dd46b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid setup. I go back and forth on carrying the Doyles. It is nice but at 15 oz I didn't like the extra weight on the belt and went with a gear grappler most of the season. The suspenders would help.

Do you loosen your suspenders at height?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have never even tried the Kestrel just came in last week from Wesspur .
Thanks to guys on here and especially Bobby this thing is simple rigging.
In the picture you can’t see 2 paracord loops I’m using for Muddy sticks and I’m doing the glow duct tape mod to linesman loops.
I’ll keep updates on setup once I get back in woods
Season is over in Mass and it’s spring like weather.
I’m hoping I can try this week.

Have never even tried the Kestrel just came in last week from Wesspur .
Thanks to guys on here and especially Bobby this thing is simple rigging.
In the picture you can’t see 2 paracord loops I’m using for Muddy sticks and I’m doing the glow duct tape mod to linesman loops.
I’ll keep updates on setup once I get back in woods
Season is over in Mass and it’s spring like weather.
I’m hoping I can try this week.
Glow tape mod??? Do tell

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bobby B’s mod not mine,
He has a video under linesman loop mod
Duck tape glow in the dark roll wrapped linesman loop
Genius of an idea!!

Empty,
Tried the ameristeps and they don’t fit with ratchet.

With that buckle down lid, you could probably let the ratchet hang outside the pouch. Maybe wrap a nite ize around it to keep it snug.

Bobby B’s mod not mine,
Genius of an idea!!

What's the mod do? Make your loops visible for getting out in the dark?

Bobby B’s mod not mine,
Genius of an idea!!

Not finding the thread.

79e716784aad7fe8883ee046760dd46b.jpg

I see you used some type of paranoid to tie your hoist to the Molly loop. I was going to do that too but I was afraid it would flop around back there when walking. I ended up grinding off the thumb tab part of the metal clip on the back so I could slide it though the Molly loop. It fits nice and tight to the saddle, no flopping around.

I see you used some type of paranoid to tie your hoist to the Molly loop. I was going to do that too but I was afraid it would flop around back there when walking. I ended up grinding off the thumb tab part of the metal clip on the back so I could slide it though the Molly loop. It fits nice and tight to the saddle, no flopping around.
Prolly 550 paranoid! That clip is pretty hard to clip around things. What do you mean by the thumb tab?

Great catch.
Took the clip off of Doyles(to wide)and used a piece off 1” webbing with screw in place of Doyle’s clip on lower Molle loop.
Then there’s slots on top of the Doyle’s and used paracord tied to top Molle loops!!

Back