• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sewing Machine

Sorry, I call it what it is and don’t sugar coat it to sound more cool. I’ve done some research and found singer 15-91 is pretty popular around here. I have a chance to get a Japanese singer clone 15-90 for $25. It’s has a belt drive compared to the 15-91 potted motor. Will it have enough power for webbing and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry, I call it what it is and don’t sugar coat it to sound more cool. I’ve done some research and found singer 15-91 is pretty popular around here. I have a chance to get a Japanese singer clone 15-90 for $25. It’s has a belt drive compared to the 15-91 potted motor. Will it have enough power for webbing and such?

If in good shape and functional, go for it. Here's a couple of webpages I had saved on the subject of 15 clones. There is quite a bit of positive discussion on the machines.

I have a 15-90 clone and it does great with the webbing once you have the tension set correct. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one for 25 bucks. If it runs that is a good deal.

It is a great deal. I will buy it. Any domestic machine will have to be helped with the hand wheel from time to time to sew through thicker material. It's no big deal. Here is one of mine with a handcrank. I bought it for $20 without the bobbin winder thread tensioner and just a motor with a plug.

Connected to servo motor. Needle and thread info near end of video.

Last edited:
It is s great deal. I will buy it. Any domestic machine will have to be helped with the hand wheel from time to time to sew through thicker material. It's no big deal. Here is one of mine with a handcrank.

Connected to servo motor. Needle and thread info near end of video.
I love the "intro music" that turns out to be just the TV in the back ground.

Well I picked it up today and it wasn’t as plug and play as much as I’d hope, the foot pedal needs to be rewired but other than that I think it’ll work. Plugged it in and it was obvious the foot pedal wasn’t working, it just started running wide open. Motor sounded good though, no buzzing, only sound was the needle. Here’s a picture. Needs cleaned up so this is a good before picture.
6eb473ad8dca7d2dfb804d5abf7526a3.jpg

Getting it rewired or just buying a new pedal will be no problem. Looks good.

Got some nylon thread and a couple 110/18 denim needles out of the deal. Lady said bring it back for $25 if you don’t like it. Figured it was worth a shot.

It looks the same as mine, just black. It has a drop feed dog knob at the front. Buy sewing machine oil. The Zoom Spout bottle available at Walmart works well to get it at all the moving parts.

Back