• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SHIKAR Mini Stick WHAT strap? CAM or Versa?

Kevin2

I am about to buy the SHIKAR Mini Stick, but not sure what strap might be best he offers OR after market options. The other big question, what connection, versa button OR Cam cleat? What have you been using and what has worked best for 1 sticking?

He has the 5/8 mini strap and then the full size 6 or 8 foot. I'm going longer for sure, but figured other aftermarket ideas might be better?

SHIKAR_Mini_Stick_Lightest_Tree_Stand_Climbing_Stick_-_2021-03-31_11.41.31.png

Last edited:
I am using 1/8" Amsteel full bury 8feet long with the Schaefer Fast Entry Cam Cleat on my mini for one-sticking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-115136_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210331-115136_Gallery.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 57
How are you liking the Schaefer Cam Cleat? I read that they can be noisy?

I am using 1/8" Amsteel full bury 8feet long with the Schaefer Fast Entry Cam Cleat on my mini for one-sticking

How are you liking the Schaefer Cam Cleat? I read that they can be noisy?
I like them makes it easy one-sticking. You can quite them down, on YouTube there is a video of how to do it.

Don't forget the best part of the shikar mini is packing it up when you are at hunting height, so you can have blaze orange cam straps and no one sees it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm going with the versa and daisy chain amsteel. See how it plays out!

I am not a big fan at all of Daisy chains. Very annoying when it always fits right in between. I put a cam cleat on mine for one sticking. But before that I tried all of the methods I could.

Next favorite was 7/64 rope mod or timber hitch and then the mini webbing straps OOAL offers.

If you have not seen this video by [mention]Zacrowsl [/mention] for Daisy chains it fixes the issues I had.

Awesome vid, thanks. Makes a good case for a daisy chain with that tie on method. I was all into the cam cleat BUT the noise. I've looked at the vids showing how to sooth that noise, but I wasn't convinced!
I am not a big fan at all of Daisy chains. Very annoying when it always fits right in between. I put a cam cleat on mine for one sticking. But before that I tried all of the methods I could.

Next favorite was 7/64 rope mod or timber hitch and then the mini webbing straps OOAL offers.

If you have not seen this video by [mention]Zacrowsl [/mention] for Daisy chains it fixes the issues I had.

Awesome vid, thanks. Makes a good case for a daisy chain with that tie on method. I was all into the cam cleat BUT the noise. I've looked at the vids showing how to sooth that noise, but I wasn't convinced!

I don’t notice the noise too much when I do it but there can be a click every once in a while if you’re not careful.

For 1 sticking Daisy chains will be faster than the other methods. I would possibly tie it the way Zach did at hunting height unless you are using something different for your platform.

I have no desire to purchase any of the other sticks out there after dialing in my mini stick. Good luck!

Yep, I've got a Trophline Mission I'll be using to hunt from, so no worries there.

I don’t notice the noise too much when I do it but there can be a click every once in a while if you’re not careful.

For 1 sticking Daisy chains will be faster than the other methods. I would possibly tie it the way Zach did at hunting height unless you are using something different for your platform.

I have no desire to purchase any of the other sticks out there after dialing in my mini stick. Good luck!

Concerning the noise on the cam cleat,, well a hollow tube is real loud, but I bought a sh1kar w/double steps and it is way quieter due to a solid bar stock verses that hollow tube on the mod. Both pics are there. I went with oplux instead of a daisy chain, the factory flat strap cam, or the top hat button tie off. I like the thicker material but I would have considered amsteel full bury but I think the thickness & damage concerns me some and don't wanta mess with tie off knots with the button method. In my mind it just takes longer. BTW with the shi1kar set up as shown it weighs in @ 31.85 oz.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 35
Back