• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shooting out of a saddle.

Dtolley

I just picked up an older trophyline saddle and have been playing around with it. The only problem I'm having is that I'm grouping my arrows about 3 inches low. Still a tight consistent group but just low. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Be careful to make sure your anchor is still the same. Make sure you lean or in some cases “twist” at the waist. It’s easy to change small things like that when transitioning to a new system. You get used to shooting a certain way out of a stand, and then a minor adjustment slips into your form when you move to a saddle. It’s great that you’re practicing ahead of time. You won’t regret the move to a saddle! Just stick with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful to make sure your anchor is still the same. Make sure you lean or in some cases “twist” at the waist. It’s easy to change small things like that when transitioning to a new system. You get used to shooting a certain way out of a stand, and then a minor adjustment slips into your form when you move to a saddle. It’s great that you’re practicing ahead of time. You won’t regret the move to a saddle! Just stick with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I appreciate the info. I'll keep that in mind.

Don't drop your arm down that holds the bow. Keep that "T" form. Lean out and twist when you need too, like Dtrolley mentioned. Good luck. Glad you are practicing shooting out of your saddle, we all need to do that!

Back