• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shooting sitting down

Hillclimber

Does anyone try shooting sitting down as to be as comfortable as possible until the last moment and minimize movement? I’m trying my best to switch to the saddle and if I could shoot sitting down like I did in my lone wolf it would be awesome.

I can stand or lean in the hybrid, but the two shots I’ve taken in it I’ve been sitting down. And I sit 80% of the time I’m in it.

When I hunted in the kestrel I leaned mostly when shooting.

Does anyone try shooting sitting down as to be as comfortable as possible until the last moment and minimize movement? I’m trying my best to switch to the saddle and if I could shoot sitting down like I did in my lone wolf it would be awesome.
Sure, unless the deer comes up on the opposite side.

I guess you have to lean your shoulders forward to clear the bridge if the deer is close to 10 to 12 o’clock? Is there a video of this?

Almost every deer I’ve killed has been setting down whether in a stand, ground hunting or in a saddle.
Almost every deer I’ve killed has been setting down whether in a stand, ground hunting or in a saddle.
Me too. I’ve been experimenting around the best run and gun. I keep coming back to lone wolf climber. But I’m trying to get lighter and still have good shooting options sitting down.

Some guys have mentioned their form is better from a saddle. Leaning or sitting. From what I have experimented with, it just takes some practice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was practicing around today with the recurve. It just seems like there are many ways to try and be comfortable and shoot. I’m going to try the ultimate challenge in January. Getting a deer out the saddle on a ros with a recurve.

Lets see the end result please.
IMG_6616.jpgSorry, got extremely busy with other family obligations. Anyhow, her and another came in to about 27 yards travelling from right to left in front of me (I'm lefty). I stopped her when she was at about my 1-1:30 position. I sit while in the saddle, so I simply rotated a little so my form was spot on, aimed and squeezed it off. It is different shooting while sitting, however, I've found that I am just as comfortable.

Back