• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shooting with a hunting legend.

denots

Madelynn and I were fortunate enough to be invited to shoot with Mr. Warren Womack(@WHW) at his house yesterday. We showed up at his house at about 2:30 in the afternoon, wouldn't you know it the hottest part of the day. He invited his in and we went back in his office and sat down and chatted for a little while got to know each other a little before going out to shoot.
He has a 3D course set up on his 14 acres in Clinton Louisiana, with 85 targets in all. He says we shot everyone and it sure felt like we did, but I do believe for my sake, he might have skipped over a couple and not told me. And for as much fun as we were having shooting, talking, and walking through the woods I think he could tell I was tired. It sure showed my shooting, that's for sure. Anyway he asked me a couple times if I wanted to headed back to the house and not finish the last bit of the course. Of course I didn't want to look like I couldn't handle my business in front of Mr. Warren so I pushed on. And towards the end he gave me a little bit of a hard time about a 74 year old man wearing me out. My response was, I never expected to wear him out.
Back at the house we stood in his shop and chit chatted some more. The inside of which is covered with deer antlers(the small ones as he called them), turkey feet, and a bucket of kill arrows, of which he said consisted of about half of the kill arrows that he has. He was also gracious enough to let me shoot his Acadiana Woods bow. Which of course only made me want one of my own. He is a good salesman without even trying! Besides the bow shooting like a dream it felt good to shoot a bow that's probably killed more deer than I'll ever kill in my lifetime. Back inside I rounded up my daughter(who spent most of her time inside with Miss Jenny and Dixie) got ready to head out said our goodbyes to Miss Jenny, Mr. Warren, and their sweet little dog Dixie.
I would like to personally thank Mr. Warren for the invite to come shoot and visit. I would also like to thank you Mr. Warren for extending us such a warm welcome and opening up your home to us. You made us feel extremely welcome, and extremely comfortable, and I truly enjoyed our visit. I'm already looking forward to the next one. You are a plethora of information and I feel honored to have been able to spend some time with you. I look forward to hopefully visiting again and gaining as much of an education from you as I possibly can.
deb7bbfc3e7cfd0dd6b9225ef6ac4a10.jpg
0d2fce46c4cfdca7950e6869c0fad112.jpg
e3e8b1e701e955748658bb3644b28530.jpg
3c86d1085ff065db48182492144d0740.jpg
243f9f1f382a98264eb3c8a1eec27ea3.jpg
13e0de8fbccc02f65b241577efaa49c0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Madelynn and I were fortunate enough to be invited to shoot with Mr. Warren Womack(@WHW) at his house yesterday. We showed up at his house at about 2:30 in the afternoon, wouldn't you know it the hottest part of the day. He invited his in and we went back in his office and sat down and chatted for a little while got to know each other a little before going out to shoot.
He has a 3D course set up on his 14 acres in Clinton Louisiana, with 85 targets in all. He says we shot everyone and it sure felt like we did, but I do believe for my sake, he might have skipped over a couple and not told me. And for as much fun as we were having shooting, talking, and walking through the woods I think he could tell I was tired. It sure showed my shooting, that's for sure. Anyway he asked me a couple times if I wanted to headed back to the house and not finish the last bit of the course. Of course I didn't want to look like I couldn't handle my business in front of Mr. Warren so I pushed on. And towards the end he gave me a little bit of a hard time about a 74 year old man wearing me out. My response was, I never expected to wear him out.
Back at the house we stood in his shop and chit chatted some more. The inside of which is covered with deer antlers(the small ones as he called them), turkey feet, and a bucket of kill arrows, of which he said consisted of about half of the kill arrows that he has. He was also gracious enough to let me shoot his Acadiana Woods bow. Which of course only made me want one of my own. He is a good salesman without even trying! Besides the bow shooting like a dream it felt good to shoot a bow that's probably killed more deer than I'll ever kill in my lifetime. Back inside I rounded up my daughter(who spent most of her time inside with Miss Jenny and Dixie) got ready to head out said our goodbyes to Miss Jenny, Mr. Warren, and their sweet little dog Dixie.
I would like to personally thank Mr. Warren for the invite to come shoot and visit. I would also like to thank you Mr. Warren for extending us such a warm welcome and opening up your home to us. You made us feel extremely welcome, and extremely comfortable, and I truly enjoyed our visit. I'm already looking forward to the next one. You are a plethora of information and I feel honored to have been able to spend some time with you. I look forward to hopefully visiting again and gaining as much of an education from you as I possibly can.
deb7bbfc3e7cfd0dd6b9225ef6ac4a10.jpg
0d2fce46c4cfdca7950e6869c0fad112.jpg
e3e8b1e701e955748658bb3644b28530.jpg
3c86d1085ff065db48182492144d0740.jpg
243f9f1f382a98264eb3c8a1eec27ea3.jpg
13e0de8fbccc02f65b241577efaa49c0.jpg

You my friend are one lucky dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love our community. @WHW you fit it great here and we are lucky to have you! I'm glad you two hand such a good time!

I very much enjoyed meeting and spending time with Tim @denots and his daughter Madelynn. We had a great time sharing stories and experiences while shooting an uncountable number of arrows. Their visit made my day a very memorable one, and I look forward to more visits and doing some saddle shooting practice. It will be nice to be able to retrieve arrows for each other. We can have our on little "saddlepoloza". :smiley:

I love our community. @WHW you fit it great here and we are lucky to have you! I'm glad you two hand such a good time!

Thank you, I'm grateful for all the knowledge shared here. It was a huge factor in making my transition from a lock-on stand to a saddle seem easy. This is a great site with a lot of great members.

That's awesome!! Is Mr Warren shooting cedars in those pics?

I'm a traditional guy too and love seeing the recurves out and shooting.

I forgot to mention when we went outside to shoot Mr. Warren had to change his shoes. As he took off his Crocs to put on another pair of shoes to go shoot I said "Man wait till all the guys find out you wear Crocs" to which his reply was "Real men wear Crocs". Anyway I thought y'all might get a kick out of that I know I sure did.

Back