• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shot doe no blood or hair.

I shot a doe last night. I know I hit her right behind the shoulder blade. I heard the pop of my broadhead making contact. I gave it about 20 minutes before slowly climbing down. I went to the site of impact and didn't find blood or hair. Went back to my tree and called for help. Over an hour went by before I started looking again. Found the arrow but it was sheared off. 6 inches is in her plus a Rage hypodermic. Can't find her anywhere. Made circles last night and this morning up to 200 yrds from site of impact and can't find anywhere. Great luck with my first bow kill

Attachments

• 20191012_163742.jpg
    20191012_163742.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20191013_130039.jpg
    20191013_130039.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 83
You probably hit the shoulder blade above the spine. Doesn’t usually leave any blood or hair and almost always breaks the arrow off. I’ve lost a couple deer to that shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like you hit the ball & socket in the shoulder with the info given...makes a heck of crack. If so, she is probably still on the hoof or 3 of them at least.

Sounds like you hit the ball & socket in the shoulder with the info given...makes a heck of crack. If so, she is probably still on the hoof or 3 of them at least.

Arrow wouldn’t make it 6 inches through the ball joint, especially with a Rage. I broke a fixed head on a doe one time, no penetration at all.

I shot a doe last night. I know I hit her right behind the shoulder blade. I heard the pop of my broadhead making contact. I gave it about 20 minutes before slowly climbing down. I went to the site of impact and didn't find blood or hair. Went back to my tree and called for help. Over an hour went by before I started looking again. Found the arrow but it was sheared off. 6 inches is in her plus a Rage hypodermic. Can't find her anywhere. Made circles last night and this morning up to 200 yrds from site of impact and can't find anywhere. Great luck with my first bow kill
Hate it, good luck

I'm gonna let it cool off for a few days. Next Saturday I'll go back in in the afternoon and give it a go. Its gonna rain for the next couple of days so I'm hoping my scent will be washed away. Plus side I found a few new spots to hang. Using a sit drag and RCH.

Arrow wouldn’t make it 6 inches through the ball joint, especially with a Rage. I broke a fixed head on a doe one time, no penetration at all.

[/QUOTEhere the arrow breaks off is not always an indication of how deep it penetrated...but not trying to go back and forth. info is limited so i am not going to try to prove myself right on it...for all i know, there is no blood or hair so he could have missed and hit a rock...I cant think of any hits where i found zero hair or blood and i know nothing else on a deer that is hard enough to do that to an arrow on a solid hit that would leave no blood or hair so who knows.

Sorry to here. I have a different situation, I call it a clean shot. Clean over his back.

If you have a creek or pond near where you shot her walk that. They go to water if they can when their hurt

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've lost a couple to this shoulder blade loud "twhack" shot. One of the realites of bowhunting.

It sounds like you could have hit the opposite shoulder blade. With a high entry and no exit that could explain a lack of blood or hair. If that was the case they can be almost impossible to find without a bloodtrail. They can crawl up under something and you have to almost step on them to find them.

4759efa3ffd57c8b2ee2bb141453c48b.jpg

This is what I was referring to. Either that knee joint or if you happen to hit right on that spine running up the shoulder blade you can get very little penetration, blood or hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back