• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Should I buy now?

MNpublic

Got my eye on a kestrel or mantis. With backorders at 8 to 12 weeks should I buy now so I can start practicing when spring hits. Or wait to see what new offerings come in the off season. Decisions, decisions.... Any advice?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

I just ordered my first saddle, a Kestrel Flex. I was on the fence about ordering now or waiting too. I finally just pulled the trigger. If something new comes out this spring/summer they’ll be back ordered forever and I’ll already be set. I’m confident I’ll be happy with what I ordered, regardless of what new “latest and greatest” comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered my first saddle, a Kestrel Flex. I was on the fence about ordering now or waiting too. I finally just pulled the trigger. If something new comes out this spring/summer they’ll be back ordered forever and I’ll already be set. I’m confident I’ll be happy with what I ordered, regardless of what new “latest and greatest” comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is definitely something to consider. Having a kestrel already in the works is a sure thing. No guarantee if something new comes out that it comes before season or ever... Like the yarak

I was going to wait, but got sucked in on the Tethrd Black Friday sale, so I pulled the trigger. The good thing is with saddles it seems that the resale value is pretty high, so you aren't out that much if you decide to switch. The ATA show is in about a month and that should be when most of the new stuff is announced. You could wait until then. That was my original plan until someone had to post the discount on here. LOL.

I started this journey last year about this time. Back then it was about a 4-6 week wait for the tethered mantis. Got the Mantis about the end of December and went on one hunt for about 4 hours. Had another small hunt prior to the season ending but no deer. However didn't like the hip pinch so I sold it here on saddlehunter for what I paid for it and again the waiting game as I bought a kestrel. Upon getting it, I noticed a small hip pinch and then 2 days after receiving it the flex was introduced. I listened to what some had said as it was so much more comfortable. Sold the kestrel for what I paid for it on this site...again. Got the flex about end of May beginning of June and I will NOT sell this. It is by far the most comfortable saddle I've tried. 3 different saddles...

If you're on the fence or thinking about it then I would suggest the flex. If for some reason you do not like it I can promise you that someone on this site will buy it for what you paid for...especially since they don't have to wait.

I was going to wait, but got sucked in on the Tethrd Black Friday sale, so I pulled the trigger. The good thing is with saddles it seems that the resale value is pretty high, so you aren't out that much if you decide to switch. The ATA show is in about a month and that should be when most of the new stuff is announced. You could wait until then. That was my original plan until someone had to post the discount on here. LOL.
I did get the predator on black friday at least

Back