• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Should I?

kodiak3842

Ready to pull the trigger on a MR Popup 28 in Desolve Bare camo. Just need to press the button.
What say ye? Worth the price?

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

I don’t have one but I would say it’s worth the price if you are planning on packing out a deer. If not then I would no it’s not worth it.

It's on my list. I've heard nothing but good things.

What are your reasons for buying it?

It can do things that other less expensive packs can't. It can't do things other less expensive packs can.

I mainly am looking for a pack that easily (emphasis) carries sticks or WE stepps and a platform. Still have hopes to do some hunts other than near home where I would have to carry more, and possibly pack meat. I ain't getting any younger though, so not real sure on that part.

I went ahead and ordered one. Based on reputation of MR, and all the positive comments I have heard. If it isn't all that, and then some, I am sure I can get most of my money back on the classifieds.

I mainly am looking for a pack that easily (emphasis) carries sticks or WE stepps and a platform. Still have hopes to do some hunts other than near home where I would have to carry more, and possibly pack meat. I ain't getting any younger though, so not real sure on that part.

I went ahead and ordered one. Based on reputation of MR, and all the positive comments I have heard. If it isn't all that, and then some, I am sure I can get most of my money back on the classifieds.

You might lose 20-30 bucks if it's not for you. It's a great pack, and will easily carry sticks and a platform. There a ton of less expensive packs that can do that too. If you want the ability to pack 30+ pounds comfortably for long distances, the field gets narrowed quickly. Load lifters, properly sized frame, proper hip belt all go into that. It may be overkill for many people, but it is a very versatile and efficient way to get things around. I love mine.

I was torn between the Popup and an Eberlestock F1 mainframe with a couple batwing pouches. I like the modularity on the F1. I had pretty much convinced myself on it since MR always shows out of stock on the Popup. Wouldnt you know it, they showed 3 in stock the other night, so I had to grab one lol.

If it doesnt fit my needs, I will end up with the Eberlestock, I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've used a lot of packs and the 28 is up there with the best. I ised mine a lot last season and I really like it.

I use it in the late season. It's a bit much for me in the early season.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back