• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shoulder Straps On Your Saddle?

TopWop

Im not enjoying walking in wearing my saddle. Next hunt i will try my linemanes rope over my shoulders to see if it helps.

When i was looking to purchase a saddle i remember one manufacture sold some really good looking shoulder straps with their saddles. Cant seem to find them now. Thought about purchasing some and adding them somehow to my TX5 lonestar.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I use suspenders. I think they were $15. What issues are you having with walking in with your saddle on?

Suspenders. I had suspender loops sewn into my TX5. You can get some Tethrd suspenders that come with attachment methods for saddles that don’t have the loops sewn in.

I got some of these from CGM

I know it’s not highly rated saddle, but I love that XOP saddle came with suspenders. Seem to be only useful for the walk in but it’s worth it to me.

I used to run my linemans over my shoulders. Now I run First Lite suspenders. They were surprisingly cheap and work great.

Mostly just saggin down my butt

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yea i had the same issue. I would try out suspenders, I have the $15 first lite ones. I think you can get them off of Amazon.

I have the old man's disappearing butt syndrome so suspenders all the way. I found some military surplus ones on Ebay for around $5 and hook them to the molle loops on my saddle with paracord. I worked in the building trades for a lot of years so carrying everything in pouches on my saddle with suspenders to hold it all up seemed like the way to go.

Get the CGM suspenders and don't look back. They lock into your Mollie loops.
Perry suspenders kinda work. But to me the Suspenders have been the best purchase I have made to make it all come together.

Another vote for CGM suspenders. However, you will have to tie a stopper knot in the strap because they slip back through the buckle too easily.

I’ve been running my chest strap from my pack through the bridge and then tightening the bridge. Seems to be working so far for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buckle my leg straps without my legs in them and wear my saddle at the bottom of my rib cage. Tuck the bridge and back and under the belt and put my pack on over it. Never had an issue.

I got some of these from CGM
I have these on my sidewinder. They work awesome!! They don’t take over the whole saddle either they are light but strong. CGM struck the right balance with their saddlespenders imo and experience!!! Once at the tree I loosen them up a bit so they aren’t pulling on my saddle when one sticking up or climbing and then once at HH I just loosen them up completely and grab it and stuff it in my dump pouch.

I ordered the custom gear mods suspenders over 6 weeks ago and they still haven't shipped. Even emailed them and they said they'd ship tomorrow but that was over a week ago. They look nice but I wouldn't bet on getting them this season. If you need something soon I would look else where

Back