• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SIAP: Has anyone tried this method of climbing?

Roadkinglsu

I watched his first video and he kinda just used old rope and a haphazard setup. In this video it looks like he built a system. It looks interesting, but I am not sure of the advantages other than lightweight. If you are climbing a tree with limbs, I can't see it being effective.

Seemed pretty fast when he did it too. He has one video where he times himself. He walked up to the tree, connected everything, climbed up out of frame, climbed back down, and disconnected. A little over 3 minutes if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This video has been discussed several months ago. If you look closely you can see his attachment point (his thighs) are below his center of mass. It would only take a second of distraction for his center of mass to end up below his attachment point and he would be hanging upside down from his thighs if he was lucky. He is using his feet against the tree to prevent this from happening. People walk tightropes every day but that does not mean it is safe for the average person.

I was interested in doing something similar, but maintaining a tether connection to my saddle. I still think about refining and attempting it again, but what I tried previously was slow and laborious.

Would be nice though if I could get it to work though as it was super light.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back