• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silencing a ring of Ameristeps!!

kblack222

BDC23276-A5DC-4198-9A93-8C7878442E3C.jpeg 5E7DA98F-24CA-4EED-881E-D4CB332B2581.jpeg AAA38FA6-4B06-49EF-A8D7-B6CC4085E7F7.jpeg Im just sharing my idea on how to keep my ring of Ameristeps from clanking together.
They are on a 1” webbing strap, but i used sections of a 2” tubular webbing strap between them. I just slid the 1” strap through the opening of the 2” tublar strap.
I also added a length of 1” innertube at the very end of the strap between the last step and the buckle, since the 2” webbing would have slipped off over the boat-buckle. Now i guess i could have used 1” diameter innertubes in place of the 2” webbing between every step, but i was worried about my boot squeeking against them.
Since having done this, i found a 1-5/8” Inch Wide Tubular Polyester Black Protective Sleeve on Cusomtiedowns.com that probably would have worked better than the 2” tublar webbing. But this should work for now.

Great Job- I have been practicing with my ameristeps and have noise issues

If I remember correctly it was DaveT1963 that would put a sock over the steps to silence them and just flip them up when he got them strapped in. I thought about stealth stripping the sides. Not sure how durable it would be. I just take my time with them. I keep them all together when packing and unpacking and wrap the strap around them. Set the strap around the tree and get some tension on it and slide them apart to set the distance. They can make some noise if you let them get away.
I wonder if 1” tubular webbing on the 1” strap would keep them from moving freely without hindering your ability to get them tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used stealth strips on mine. Completely quiet now. I first tried hockey tape but then my rubber boots started squeaking with the tape. No issues now with stealth strips. Plus the stratos pattern looks awesome!

I used stealth strips on mine. Completely quiet now. I first tried hockey tape but then my rubber boots started squeaking with the tape. No issues now with stealth strips. Plus the stratos pattern looks awesome!

I did the same. Stealth strips are. Great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have pics? Are you wrapping stealth strips all the way around including top of step that you stand on? Have any problem with boots wearing it off?

The area that your foot is on I have hockey tape wrapped around entirely with stealth strips wrapped on top of that. The stealth strips seem to stick better to the hockey tape. The rest of the step I pieced in stealth strips. Any areas of possible contact with each other are covered. Durability wise they look the same as I first put them on.

Back