• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silencing cam cleat

NikoTheBowHunter

Anyone who uses a cam cleat knows of that metal on metal clink sound it makes when the rope is taken out. It was the one aspect of my single stick I hated. So today I pulled the back of the cam cleat off and tossed in two quick little spots of hot glue to stop the metal on metal contact. Now now more clink sound. Super easy to do, could probably get away with felt or some other form a material in there. Anyways if you have a cam cleat and want to try silencing it, just pull the back off and you’ll see where metal to metal contact happens.

4180779C-9D09-47BE-93E2-5FEE075960CE.jpegBDB89FE1-373B-45D9-9F53-BAD0B65492D3.jpeg

@NikoTheBowHunter,
Does this mod prevent the gears/teeth from closing all the way? I think some of the sound comes from the teeth clanging together. Sounds more like the plastic hitting each other. Not saying that I need the teeth to get that close to each other, as I don't use tiny rope.
Looks like a good solution!

@NikoTheBowHunter,
Does this mod prevent the gears/teeth from closing all the way? I think some of the sound comes from the teeth clanging together. Sounds more like the plastic hitting each other. Not saying that I need the teeth to get that close to each other, as I don't use tiny rope.
Looks like a good solution!
It does but only enough to stop the teeth from making contact with each other. Here it is reassembled and back on my stick.
6BC23264-7E86-4009-8058-04F95B06E23E.jpegFB85CF30-ABF1-43F1-931A-AC839E09580A.jpeg

Back