• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silencing platform options

Kevin2

I was going to just put some hockey tape, or some stealth strips all over my platforms, but then I saw somebody mentioned they rubberized it with good results!

I’m assuming they sprayed or dipped it in some kind of rubberized coating? Anyways, looking for some good and proven options to add some traction and silencing to my Mission and LWVG .5 platforms.

I have not ever tried it but I know there’s also been a lot of really bad results. Not saying it can’t be done or discouraging you from trying! I’d just suggest using the search to find old posts about this. I think you can probably find some good info on what didn’t work that could help you narrow down your field of options on the process, or products.

Yep, I’ve done plenty of searches and was actually reading some old threads via the search engine just now! Thanks though
I have not ever tried it but I know there’s also been a lot of really bad results. Not saying it can’t be done or discouraging you from trying! I’d just suggest using the search to find old posts about this. I think you can probably find some good info on what didn’t work that could help you narrow down your field of options on the process, or products.

Before I used hockey tape or stealth strips I’d definitely consider vet wrap, way cheaper and it seems to stand up better to the wear of a boot in my opinion

if you've got a decent amount of 550 cord around, that works pretty well... also i cut a piece of bike inner tube and put it over the buckle...

if you've got a decent amount of 550 cord around, that works pretty well... also i cut a piece of bike inner tube and put it over the buckle...
Definitely agree on the 550 cord option. It adds texture to help your boots grip, is cheap, and really quiets the platform down--what more could you want? Check out the DIY Sportsman's YouTube video on doing a cobra weave for a great tutorial.

I took some neoprene from some old waiters, sized it and sewed it into a loop and put that over the buckle, that seems to be working really good there. Then I put stealth strips on three of the metal contact points on the Mission. And finally, I bought a backwoods mobile gear platform pack for my mission today as well. I’ve already silenced all my other gear, with neoprene, bicycle tubing, and some stealth strips as well. So I’m probably pretty good to go.

Back