• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silent Approach Steps

CRogers

I recently purchased 6 silent approach steps to use for my platform. After purchasing a longer strap and trying them out I really like them. I liked them so much I'm now considering using them as a climbing method. Does anyone have experience with them?

@Nutterbuster thanks man, I would say they're pretty comparable to Cranford's. The largest quantity you can get on their website is a set of 10. About how high could you get with 10 Cranfords? 15-20?

I can hit 20ft with 8 cranfords and stepping up to my squirrel steps. At least I can during warmer weather. I can comfortably hit that with 10, even in the cold.

No experience with the bullmans, but I can say that 8-12 cranford rope steps is about the least odious "public legal" climbing method I've found. I think they'd be fine.

Dude, I am originally from Ohio so you need to cut back on the words that I have to look up! I am actively looking at a number of "public legal" climbing options, Cranford rope-on steps are near the top of the list if for no other reason than they are accessible. I was happy to learn that they are a decent option. I may try them this year until the WE steps are straightened out. I will still use the two steps as my platform unless I go the squirrel step route.
<highjacked thread passed back>

@Scott F I've also looked at Cranford's but after seeing and stepping on the silent approach steps I like them a lot. The Cranford's seemed pretty pricey if I remember. Unless they sell them cheaper for larger quantities.

Back