• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silly question

Robbo

Feb 5, 2018
When using a saddle does a wallet carried in your back pocket get uncomfortable or do you guys carry it in front pocket or a pack?

Aeds151

Aug 16, 2018
Keep in pack. Phone goes in my sys hauler as soon as tether goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vtbow

Mar 21, 2018
Pack. Empty pockets fir me anytime I have harness/saddle on.

dueaston

Aug 25, 2018
I can make it happen if I have my phone or something kinda small in the front pockets but it's not really comfortable. I prefer everything in a pack or dump pouch.

rabidd099

Sep 26, 2016
North Carolina
Only pockets I can access are my cargo pockets with my kestrel, and not even them with my trophy line. Best thing I ever did was stop putting my wallet in my back pocket and not just for saddle hunting makes life more comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DontAxMeHowIkno

Nov 29, 2018
I’m actually going to cut the buttons off my back pockets. I usually sit for about 4 hours on average. I adjust for a good balance between rock harness and sit drag. And get the bridge as high as I can reach.

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
Apr 1, 2014
Back pockets need to be empty as you'll feel the pressure of anything in them after a while. Phone should remain in the vehicle.

Reactions: Sackman

huntin_addict

Jun 18, 2018
Erie County, PA
Back pockets need to be empty as you'll feel the pressure of anything in them after a while. Phone should remain in the vehicle.
Posted this on another forum, but applies here too. Direct response to your statement about phones. Your opinion about where one should keep their phone is just that, an opinion:

Last fall (2017) we had a baby in my wifes family that was born critically ill. My wife was a bit of a hot mess, and I was communicating with the father pretty regularly. If that makes me a sissy, well, whatever. FWIW, the baby passed away, he held on for 9 months. That was 9 months of being a sissy and trying to keep my wife on an even keel and trying to keep other peoples hopes and spirits up. My nose isn't buried in my phone while hunting, but it is on my person.

In response to the op, I keep my bib pockets empty, everything is my pack or in a hand muff.