• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Single cam tune learning curve

MattMan81

SH Member
Wow. So drove my self crazy with setting things up. This was my first go at tuning my bow. Never did it before. Only had one string replaced by someone else. Never really heard of "tuning" until I started watching the RF and THP. So really wanted to learn to do this my self. I replaced my cable and kinda guessed at the yoke straps. Seemed like it looked good. Anyway after a few months of frustration and messing with it. I finally looked at my yoke. Hey. It dosent line up with my bow. It's gotta lean. Eye balled it. Got it close. Shot better. Put a 4' level across it from the cam and got it right on. Took away the vibration and reduced the torque I was having. Yeah. Took me a while to figure it out. But it was hard finding stuff on single cam tuning. Most is for dual cam, or guys talking a lot and not really saying anything. I needed single cam tuning for dummies. Any way she's flying pretty good now. Glad I figured it out. I almost threw it back in the case and just went back to crossbow.

Not enough that's for sure. Trial and error. It's 11yrs old. If I ruined it, I wasn't out much. Read would I could find on line, and you tube.

The two most important things I found when working with a single cam bow are:
1) Set cam timing to factory specs. Yes, single cams get timed, bad timing will affect nock travel.
2) Make sure there is no idler wheel lean at full draw. You will see some lean at rest due to the cable guard.

Good luck

The two most important things I found when working with a single cam bow are:
1) Set cam timing to factory specs. Yes, single cams get timed, bad timing will affect nock travel.
2) Make sure there is no idler wheel lean at full draw. You will see some lean at rest due to the cable guard.

Good luck
Thanks for the insight. I will check the idler wheel as well. Ill have to check out timing for the cam. Some more reading I guess to make sure it's okay.

Back