• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Single stick plus hang on stand

FreshTA

SH Member
I’m thinking of getting a lightweight hang on stand to use along with one sticking during those long sits around the rut, etc. My thoughts are that I would just continue to hunt off the one stick platform for 3-4 hour sits but use the stick to get up the tree and then the loc on stand during to hunt during the rut. Anyone out there try this? If so, pro’s, con’s?

I believe out on a limb makes a product that’s a folding seat, specifically for that situation. Found it, edited with hyperlink.

I'm sure there are quite a few that are doing that. I plan on adding that option next year. I think the best stand for that would be the LWCG .5

I have the rut roost and it works really well. I don’t carry it or use it all the time, but for those times you just want a break from hanging in the saddle it’s really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back