• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sirius Apollo arrow durability

RamBam

Has anyone had bad luck with the Sirius Apollo shafts splitting ? I have had 3 now that split all in about the identical place , weakest part of the spine. The weakest part appears to be a seam in the shaft. Each one has split on the nock end. I have never had issues with my gold tips and they have impacted a lot of hard materials with no footers etc.

Wow. I have been shooting them all summer. No issues. What spine? What weight up front? Have you contacted them? Factory nocs?
I am awaiting a response , so probably Monday. 250 spine , 130 inserts/200 head. Factory nocks. 65lb 28” draw vertix. They paper tuned good and didn’t show signs of to weak. They are cut to 27.5. Using the SS insert and collar combo.
The first one I figured was on me. I shot a IW single bev through the thin part of a WT scapula. The nock end cracked on the weakest part of the spine right down the fibers. I assumed luck of the hit.
Next two were just shooting into my 3D target into individual spots. No impacts or arrows hit together. Both have a crack roughly 1” long again on the weakest part of the spine.

Has anyone had bad luck with the Sirius Apollo shafts splitting ? I have had 3 now that split all in about the identical place , weakest part of the spine. The weakest part appears to be a seam in the shaft. Each one has split on the nock end. I have never had issues with my gold tips and they have impacted a lot of hard materials with no footers etc.
Have you reached out to them? Sounds like you got the fuddy duddy pack. I’m sure they’d make it right for you

Have you reached out to them? Sounds like you got the fuddy duddy pack. I’m sure they’d make it right for you
Yeah I reached out today. That’s what I was wondering. They ran out of stock and posted manufacture shortage right after I received this set. I have a set of 300 spine at 600 grains that appear to be fine. I haven’t shot them as much but I haven’t had any issues with them. The 250 spine setup was going to be my go to this season. But cracking shafts on the nock ends a no go for me.
Hopefully a fluke, I really like the ethics components and what it does for the structural integrity. Back to the good Ol gold tips for now I guess! I’ve bombed them into a lot of things and usually a insert letting loose is the most damage.

Yeah I reached out today. That’s what I was wondering. They ran out of stock and posted manufacture shortage right after I received this set. I have a set of 300 spine at 600 grains that appear to be fine. I haven’t shot them as much but I haven’t had any issues with them. The 250 spine setup was going to be my go to this season. But cracking shafts on the nock ends a no go for me.
Hopefully a fluke, I really like the ethics components and what it does for the structural integrity. Back to the good Ol gold tips for now I guess! I’ve bombed them into a lot of things and usually a insert letting loose is the most damage.
I called them back in March before buying and they took the time to have a 20 minute conversation with me about their arrows. Due to my extremely long draw length and 70 lbs weight, I was having a hard time getting standard 250 spine to bare shaft. In fear of having to go all the way to 150, I contacted them in sort of desperation and needless to say they made a customer for life out of me. A little pricey compared to the standard gold tips I used to shoot but definitely worth it for me

I know Seth was on a hunting trip. I don’t know when he gets back. But someone will help you out. They live and breathe these arrows as well as customer service. I had the same experience as @Fl Canopy Stalker. I spoke with Seth for a long time on several occasions since I’m also a 30 inch arrow mongrel. Mine paper tuned like a dream bare shaft. Mine are over 600g total. Anyways, I was just in Africa (work not hunt) but took my bow anyways just in case. I was shooting and jerked bad. Arrow goes over my foam square at 245fps, smashes into the large cinder block and concrete wall and I laughed. I walk down to get it and the concrete is missing a chunk and the arrow is fine. ***?! The ethics 200g field point had a tiny dent in it but it’s still my practice arrow. Anyways, they will get it figured out I’m sure. Also, I have no skin in the game. No sponsors or allegiances. I paid for everything I got from them and am just telling a story about my arrows from them. Hope it helps.

I know Seth was on a hunting trip. I don’t know when he gets back. But someone will help you out. They live and breathe these arrows as well as customer service. I had the same experience as @Fl Canopy Stalker. I spoke with Seth for a long time on several occasions since I’m also a 30 inch arrow mongrel. Mine paper tuned like a dream bare shaft. Mine are over 600g total. Anyways, I was just in Africa (work not hunt) but took my bow anyways just in case. I was shooting and jerked bad. Arrow goes over my foam square at 245fps, smashes into the large cinder block and concrete wall and I laughed. I walk down to get it and the concrete is missing a chunk and the arrow is fine. ***?! The ethics 200g field point had a tiny dent in it but it’s still my practice arrow. Anyways, they will get it figured out I’m sure. Also, I have no skin in the game. No sponsors or allegiances. I paid for everything I got from them and am just telling a story about my arrows from them. Hope it helps.
Absolutely. I spoke to a bow pro here in Florida because I couldn’t get victory or gold tips to bare shaft with 100 grain insert, no matter if I used 100 grain heads, 150 grain heads or 200 grain heads. The bow pro looked over my hoyt and proceeded to tell me I needed a light insert and balanced arrow weight unless I wanted to shoot 150 spines. He told me that 70 lbs with a 32” draw meant I was grossly under spined with 250-300 grains up front. He cursed the ranch fairy (whole other story) and basically told me I needed to go back to my old 450 grain set up. I told him of my success with my 600 plus grain set ups and how I intended to find a way to make them work. As soon as I walked out of that shop, I called Sirius. I asked Seth about his own chart being that my bow is high speed and my arrows would all be 31.5”… he was definitely thorough and helpful. I have broke one arrow out of the dozen I received but that was because I hit that practice arrow with another one of my practice arrows. I’ve shot others into the tree and had to leave the broadhead in the tree to get the arrow back out, but the arrow was still good lol they are tough

Is that with or without collar/outsert? I have bent 1 standard 200 insert but no hard hits with the outsert system yet to compare

No collar or outsert. Just field point and regular insert. And horrible form was free of charge. I’ll post a pic on Monday. I’m currently away from my gear.
I hit (missed actually... haha) a big oak and it was a task to remove...I tried my best and I can't say whether or not the impact or something during extraction bent the insert but it's bent....I'm not saying anything bad about them at all...I consider that abuse any damage from abuse is totally on me and not the products fault. I was just curious.

I had a 300 punch right through my block, bar stool back and straight into my basement wall when tuning those and it was perfectly fine. Bent it , checked under the collar , and checked the nock end. It didn’t even pop the insert out but punched into the block pretty good. I can get my GT HP’s to tune with 35 grains inserts and 200 head but it only lands around 535 grains.

I hit (missed actually... haha) a big oak and it was a task to remove...I tried my best and I can't say whether or not the impact or something during extraction bent the insert but it's bent....I'm not saying anything bad about them at all...I consider that abuse any damage from abuse is totally on me and not the products fault. I was just curious.
I run insert/outsert of 75 to 100 grain depending on which broadheads I intend to shoot. I prefer my 150 grain heads with a 100 grain steel insert/outsert, because that particular broad head is a forged single bevel. My 200 grain broadheads all have aluminum ferrel with a screw in single bevel blade. They both work incredibly well but that forged 150 grain is a whole other animal as far as structural integrity.

Well few weeks later and no insight as to what happened with these arrows.The Sirius archery crew sounds like they are in rough shape. One guys in critical condition and others were sick. They just sent me a few new arrows. So we shall see how these go. Any of you guys try Rip Tko for a heavy build ?

Well few weeks later and no insight as to what happened with these arrows.The Sirius archery crew sounds like they are in rough shape. One guys in critical condition and others were sick. They just sent me a few new arrows. So we shall see how these go. Any of you guys try Rip Tko for a heavy build ?
Siriusly? Critical from Covid?

Back