• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit drag hook for carrying climbing stick

Buckwheat0789

ive been a reader on the forum for years on and off. I was reading a thread about a sit drag and it was talkin about some hooks that somebody bought off Amazon to put on their saddle to carry their climbing sticks up on their sides. It wouldn't show me the picture that was posted of the hook unless I was a member, so I joined, and now I can't find that thread at all. I don't remember any names that was talkin about it to save my life. If y'all have any similar hook you'd like to share or remember that post and could share that'd be amazing! Thank y'all for all the info I've learned through this saddle journey!

I use a reinforced loop that attaches to the molle webbing. The stick hangs there and is easy to access. (Works great for platforms too) let me see if I can find a picture

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here you go. I girth hitch the rope portion in my webbing.

67a8cc69a5c239993349f7e0845fde93.jpg
d926006e6683f332a98000dc6771bfdc.jpg
4c06a0a9d63afc935808f443ca3163bb.jpg

Thank y'all for the replies! This way would be much easier and lighter to do than just use hooks

It is a larger style paracord. I pulled all the guts out and put a piece of semi stiff tubing inside. I'll see if I can take one apart to show you.

Nah don't take one apart, lol, thats good enough, I'll figures something out.

@Erniepower exactly what I do only I just tie a loop to saddle - then it goes over stick and first tree bracket. I have never had one fall out in 100s of climbs

Back